xbox 360 burn failure

Jasgeo

Hi,

I wonder if someone could help me with a problem I am having burning images for the young fella's xbox console. Although I have been an Image Burn fan since the decrypter days, I haven't burned more than half a dozen DL's over the years and none of em were 360 disks, so I spent a good part of yesterday and this morning reading up on the process and potential problems. my burner is an Asus DRW-1814BLT SATA that has knocked out many fine SL disks. Since I normally use verbatim anyway I grabbed a spindle of singapore verbatim dl's and this afternoon thought I would try and put the theory into practice.

The log below tells the sad story. Everything was going fine (or so it seemed) until right at the end when the burned failed at Synchronising Cache. Then failed again at closing the track and then again at finalising.

I thought I had most things covered I had set the speed at 2.4x and after considerable research discovered that the Asus changes dvd+r to dvd-rom itself. That shouldn't have effected the burn anyhow although it would effect the loading in xbox.

I've had a search to see if the problem has been reported and solved elsewhere but couldn't find it so would appreciate any suggestions before I put another extremely expensive (where I live) DL disk to the sword.

Thanks.

;

;

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Saturday, 11 October 2008, 15:07:41

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 14:24:22 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 14:24:22 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 14:24:22 Total Physical Memory: 2,096,236 KB - Available: 1,710,780 KB

I 14:24:22 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:24:22 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:24:22 Found 3 DVD-ROMs, 1 DVD

Go to asus very very slow site and get a firmware update, searching google indicates that 1.14 is latest but you should get it from asus to make sure it is for correct model.

Once updated hopefully your issue will go away and that the writer will set booktype to DVD-ROM as you have to have this for 360 backups to actually work

Edit: I found it on my computer so I upped it to rapidshare for you or anyone else that wants it

http://rapidshare.com/files/152914072/DRW-1814BLT_FW114_1129.zip

Go to asus very very slow site and get a firmware update, searching google indicates that 1.14 is latest but you should get it from asus to make sure it is for correct model.

Once updated hopefully your issue will go away and that the writer will set booktype to DVD-ROM as you have to have this for 360 backups to actually work

Edit: I found it on my computer so I upped it to rapidshare for you or anyone else that wants it

http://rapidshare.com/files/152914072/DRW-1814BLT_FW114_1129.zip

Thanks for the firmware link which I will use to update

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.