Burn/read error

tat2mikki

`Help please. I have tried burning about 20 DVD's using ImgBurn to bun an ISO image that I know is good. I have 1 DVD now that my dvd player will play. All of them I have burned with ImgBurn will play in my computer but not in my regular DVD player except that 1. Please help me so I dont collect more coasters.

try using different media. make sure your using latest firmware for dvd burner. try burning a half the speed of other burns. are you using DVD+R try DVD-R. if you bought a big batch of DVD+R and want to use them see if you can change the book type to DVD-ROM. what kind of dvd player you using if it old might be hard to get it to read anything? that all I can think of at the top of my head and the info you gave ;)

Edited by techman

try using different media. make sure your using latest firmware for dvd burner. try burning a half the speed of other burns. are you using DVD+R try DVD-R. if you bought a big batch of DVD+R and want to use them see if you can change the book type to DVD-ROM. what kind of dvd player you using if it old might be hard to get it to read anything? that all I can think of at the top of my head and the info you gave ;)

Sorry should have been more complete with my data.

Using a Gateway (<1 yr old) with a Philips DVD +- RW SDVD 8820 with latest drivers. Burning to Maxell DVD-R. Does this help?

The logs should still be there unless you deleted them too. Imgburn/Help/logs

Thanks, I looked in program files but never thought to check the program itself. Here are all the logs that were in the log file, it looks like a mess to me but maybe someone else can make sense of it :)

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Saturday, 11 October 2008, 12:13:23

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 11:59:47 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 11:59:47 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 11:59:47 Total Physical Memory: 2,029,808 KB - Available: 1,348,140 KB

W 11:59:47 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 11:59:47 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:59:47 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:59:47 Found 1 DVD

I 09:33:04 Destination Device: [1:0:0] PHILIPS DVD+-RW SDVD8820 AX03 (E:) (ATA)

I 09:33:04 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: RITEKG05) (Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x)

I 09:33:04 Write Speed: 6x

W 09:38:44 Failed to Write Sectors 229856 - 229887 - Reason: Write Error

The drive couldn't write to that crappy media. You may want to try burning at 4x or 2x but you'd have a lot better results with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks :)

I 09:33:04 Destination Device: [1:0:0] PHILIPS DVD+-RW SDVD8820 AX03 (E:) (ATA)

I 09:33:04 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: RITEKG05) (Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x)

I 09:33:04 Write Speed: 6x

W 09:38:44 Failed to Write Sectors 229856 - 229887 - Reason: Write Error

The drive couldn't write to that crappy media. You may want to try burning at 4x or 2x but you'd have a lot better results with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks :)

Tried different media, Fry's electronics did not have Verbatim. Got same thing, DVD burns and plays fine in the computer drive that burned it. Put DVD into regular DVD player and get "Disk error, playback may not be enable on this disk"....and here is the log for this burn

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Sunday, 12 October 2008, 15:58:50

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 15:40:51 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 15:40:51 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 15:40:51 Total Physical Memory: 2,029,808 KB - Available: 1,099,744 KB

W 15:40:51 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 15:40:51 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:40:51 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:40:51 Found 1 DVD

reread my first post about you DVD player what model is it ?

I read your first post about my model dvd player, but it does not explain why I have 1 movie that plays fine in my dvd player, and a whole bunch that play fine in my computer dvd players, but not in the regular one. What is the "playback feature" and how do I enable it?

If you look at the first batch of logs I posted you'll see I was using DVD-R that someone said was crap. I switched to DVD+R. I changed from burning at 6X to burning at 4X. There is no new firmware for my dvd burner. And the movies play fine in the dvd burner and it reads all other media just fine. They just wont play in the regular dvd player attached to my tv, with the exception of one movie I burned (on the "crappy media", at 6x). And I have no idea what you mean by changing book type to dvd-rom

if your using an older home player not sure as you didn't mention the model # it may not read DVD+R at all that why if the book type is set as DVD-ROM it fools the player into trying to reading the disc. If you use DVD-R media then the other problem will be the players ability to read the media so you might need to find the right media or use a newer dvd player. The reason for this is older players have a harder time reading burnt media where as your computer are much better at reading burned media. Burned media is a lot harder to read than store bought DVDs and CDs.

I cant get to the model # right now, my husband is watching a movie on it. I still dont understand what you mean by changing the book to dvd-rom. Where do I do that? What device or program? And it still doesnt explain why it reads 1 movie just fine but kicks out other movies burned on same burner, same media, with same software and give a "playback disabled" error on them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.