ISO image burned to disk soes not play in DVD player

Mark57

Here is the log of what I did. When I insert the disk in the DVD player the message comes up "This disk cannot be played"

When I insert the disk in the computer it does not show any files on it but ImgBurn shows that the disk is full.

What didn't I do correctly?

I 11:28:39 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 11:28:39 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 11:28:39 Total Physical Memory: 1,963,848 KB - Available: 893,332 KB

W 11:28:40 Drive L:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 11:28:40 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:28:40 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:28:43 Found 1 DVD

the file system is wrong , it should have been ISO9660; UDF (1.02)

you can rebuild the image by using build mode

Thanks for the reply. Here is the log of what I did. I think it is what you suggested. However the disk still doesn't play in the DVD player. I still get the same message. I am using a DVD-RW disk. Does that have anything to do with the problem?

I 16:32:29 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 16:32:29 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 16:32:29 Total Physical Memory: 1,963,848 KB - Available: 847,100 KB

W 16:32:29 Drive L:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 16:32:29 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:32:29 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:32:29 Found 1 DVD

I 16:43:12 Image Size: 1,686,110,208 bytes

Is that AVI files? If so you need to convert before burning, or it won't play on any DVD player. You can do that by using DVD Flick and similar programs :)

After ImgBurn completes and says that it was done successfully and I insert the disk back in the computer it does not show any files on it. It shows 4.37GB size and 4.37GB free out of the 4.7GB disk capacity but ImgBurn shows that the disk is full. I can't convert anyhing if no files show up on the disk. It should show all the movie files on the disk.

Can't you convert from the original files that are on your hard disk? DVD Flick can automatically burn the converted DVD for you (it even uses ImgBurn for that).

The movie was downloaded to my hard drive as a WMV so there are no individual files showing. I wanted to play it on my DVD player so I copied the file to a disk. The disk will play on a computer but will not play on any DVD player. I tried to convert the WMV file to AVI and then MPG with no luck. Even though it said the conversion was successful, the disks still will not play in the DVD players. Then I made an ISO image which I am now trying to use ImgBurn to burn it to a disk. Even though ImgBurn says it was done successfully, the disk will not play in the DVD players and shows no files on it. The disk shows empty when I try to open it but ImgBurn says that it is full.

Look at the disc with IsoBuster or something.

You'll soon know if there's anything on the disc.

IsoBuster showed one track containing the movie in WMV format. Why, when I look at the disk using Windows Explorer does it not show anything on it? Now what do I do to make a DVD of the movie that will play on a DVD player? Thanks for your help.

Now what do I do to make a DVD of the movie that will play on a DVD player?

Please read post #4 of this thread :whistling:

I started DVD Flick

I clicked Open Project

I selected the movie on my hard disk Movie.WMV and clicked OPEN

The attached message came up. I clicked YES and the next message came up.

I clicked OK and the program shut down.

post-14632-1224040286_thumb.gif

post-14632-1224040313_thumb.gif

Can't you start from scratch as the project file seems to be outdated in the new version of DVDFlick?

Or make a post in the DVD Flick support forum. They should know more about that run time error.

http://www.dvdflick.net/forums/

I have never used DVD Flick before today. The ISO image was made yesterday from the movie using DVD Decrypter. It also burned to a DVD disk which did not play on any DVD player. Then I was told about ImgBurn and that didn't work either. I don't understand how the movie plays on the computer from a DVD disk but I can't convert it or do anything else with it so it plays on a DVD player.

if you still have the ifo bup and vob files in a folder on your hdd , just use build mode, if its a decrypting problem then we cant help you on this forum

I only have the ISO image. Isn't ImgBurn supposed to burn the image to a DVD disk that can be played on a DVD player?

The movie was downloaded to my HDD as a WMV with only that one file that will play the movie on my computers. No ifo bup and vob files. I created an ISO image hoping that ImgBurn would then be able to burn it to a DVD that would work. I know that the image i created was from a WMV that did not play in a DVD player but I was hoping that somehow ImgBurn would fix it.

Even if you create an image file of the .wmv source file, it will end up as a .wmv file on the burned disc. To get it to be DVD Compliant (IFO, BUP, VOB files), you need to run it through a program like DVD Flick. ImgBurn is not a conversion tool.

The ISO image was made yesterday from the movie using DVD Decrypter.

The movie was downloaded to my HDD as a WMV with only that one file that will play the movie on my computers. No ifo bup and vob files.

i'm confused

:& :& :&

Even if you create an image file of the .wmv source file, it will end up as a .wmv file on the burned disc. To get it to be DVD Compliant (IFO, BUP, VOB files), you need to run it through a program like DVD Flick. ImgBurn is not a conversion tool.

I understand that. I inserted the DVD that has the WMV movie file on it into my computer then I opened DVD Flick and added the title. I checked all the settings to be correct then clicked create DVD. The program stopped after 1 hour and 36 minutes and said there were errors and was shutting down. I know you specialize in ImgBurn but you seem to know a lot about the compatible programs. What do I do now or should I try the DVD Flick forum?

The ISO image was made yesterday from the movie using DVD Decrypter.

The movie was downloaded to my HDD as a WMV with only that one file that will play the movie on my computers. No ifo bup and vob files.

i'm confused

So am I. I'm just trying to get a movie I downloaded to my HDD burned to a DVD disk that will play on a DVD player.

What other information do you need from me?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.