DVD+R Burning problem

BL89

I have tried to find an answer to my problem here in the forum without having found anything so if the problem is already described, I apologize.

I have tried to burn one .img file to a DVD+R Fujifilm but ImgBurn has failed for any reason. The logs are attached below. What went wrong and how can I fix it?

To burn a DVD+RW by the same company work, however excellent.

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; onsdag, 15 oktober 2008, 12:19:31

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 12:01:27 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 12:01:27 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 12:01:27 Total Physical Memory: 514

'RITEK-F16-01' are rubbish, buy some better discs.

Get Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.

Get the 8x stuff because your drive is old and won't support newer 16x discs properly.

Some problem however:

1. I have to use the discs I have.

2. I have no idea what Ritek-F16-01 is. A search on Google and Wikipedia returned nothing.

A possible solution is to wait for my new computer and try it unless there is a software solution to the problem. Does it?

Then I wonder if ImgBurn is capable of handling the DVDs I used if I only have the right hardware?

Best regards

BL89

The whole thing comes down to the drive/firmware/media.

If the 3 aren't a good combo you get problems like yours.

'RITEK-F16-01' is the dye your discs use. The brand name is not important, the dye is.

The problem is nothing to do with the software.

Thank you, then I know a little more. I may try with the new recorder instead. If you have time to see if it works with my DVDs it is available at the address http://www.datorbutiken.com/se/default.asp...ct=LGGGC-H20LRB

Best regards

BL89

Why would you WANT to use media that you've been told is rubbish?

Do you have so many of them that you can't write them off?

If I want functional materials, I can pay a company to make burn the discs. And in this case when it is a film I would equally like to be able to buy the movie. That is not the problem. The thing is to solve the problem on a specific set of premises. One of these is to use the discs as already mentioned. Moreover, it is much easier to say "buy new" than to actually solve the problem.

Best regards

BL89

Those discs can be written at two speeds; 2.4x and 4x. You have previously used the MAX setting = 4x speed. Each speed option has its own instruction for the writer on how to burn those discs. It might be that the lower speed has a higher success rate.

Those discs can be written at two speeds; 2.4x and 4x. You have previously used the MAX setting = 4x speed. Each speed option has its own instruction for the writer on how to burn those discs. It might be that the lower speed has a higher success rate.

OK, I will remember it the next time I try to burn a disc. Thanks! :)

If I want functional materials, I can pay a company to make burn the discs. And in this case when it is a film I would equally like to be able to buy the movie. That is not the problem. The thing is to solve the problem on a specific set of premises. One of these is to use the discs as already mentioned. Moreover, it is much easier to say "buy new" than to actually solve the problem.

Best regards

BL89

Moreover it's actually a bit wiser to actually listen when you ask for advice regardless if you like the advice given or not or disbelieve what you were told.

By all means burn to your media if you can but if you cannot please do not ask for anymore help whilst using the same media, then have the nerve to say

Moreover, it is much easier to say "buy new" than to actually solve the problem.
:whistling:

Best regards

BL89

Moreover it's actually a bit wiser to actually listen when you ask for advice regardless if you like the advice given or not or disbelieve what you were told.

By all means burn to your media if you can but if you cannot please do not ask for anymore help whilst using the same media, then have the nerve to say

Moreover, it is much easier to say "buy new" than to actually solve the problem.
:whistling:

When I wrote

Thank you, then I know a little more. I may try with the new recorder instead. If you have time to see if it works with my DVDs it is available at the address http://www.datorbutiken.com/se/default.asp...ct=LGGGC-H20LRB

Best regards

BL89

I really felt that I was grateful for the responses I received, but I understood that the problem was not possible to solve. Since I will acquire a new burner in any case, I said that I try it and see if it works. In connection with this I also said which readers it was. Case closed.

Lightning UK! then asked why I insisted in using what she/he considers to be junk. I reply that the use of these discs are part of the problem and that a change of disc does not solve the problem, it create another situation instead.

Of course it is and I have really listened to the councils. New discs may very well solve the problem but what do you think I should do with the old ones?

It is not quite that simple. It could be a setting in the program I had done wrong. Thats way I'm asking. And sometimes you don't get the answer you're searching for but you may perhaps learn something else useful instead. I have been told that I can switch discs or changing speed. In addition to this, I have learned a bit about how DVD burning works.

I have the nerve to say that buing new equipment also would solve the problem because it actually is a solution. I am sorry if I offended anyone because of the formulation. I am grateful for your help, but I confine myself not to get a "buy new discs" to reply.

If there is something else I said that you took offense offens of please let me know. The most likely in this case is that I did not at all meant as you took it.

Sorry If I misread your post. I'm still confused but will apologize again for not understanding one word :)

1 Media you have is not very good.

2 Your writer is broken if you have tried new media

3 Your pc is screwed no matter which writer you use

No idea what you're on about if none of the above . Sorry again if I am missing the obvious.

Sorry If I misread your post. I'm still confused but will apologize again for not understanding one word :)

1 Media you have is not very good.

2 Your writer is broken if you have tried new media

3 Your pc is screwed no matter which writer you use

No idea what you're on about if none of the above . Sorry again if I am missing the obvious.

1. I guess I got to tell the company that they sell bad discs. :rolleyes:

2. Maybe, maybe not. Some discs work, others do not.

3. Perhaps, it is in any case, old and tired. Which incidentally was why I ordered a new computer for a few months ago.

I believe that my discs, although they would not be of the highest quality, is too good to my current burner. Lightning UK! said that the discs have a different dye than my earlier discs. Hopefully, this problem will solve itself when I get the new computer. If it fails too, then I can consider acquiring new discs. But to run away to the shop is not the first thing I do. It was that I tried to say a few posts ago. :)

I hope we understand each other better now! :)

EDIT: I have received my new computer and tested it with the disc. It worked. Like you said, it's probably my old computer which can't use the newer discs.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended anyone before, it was not my intention to do. :blush:

Edited by BL89

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.