"L-EC Uncorrectable Error"

CJ2008

Hi, Happy Saturday All! I am hoping someone in this forum will be able to assist me with a sudden problem I am experiencing with ImgBurn, a software I have been using without incident for 3 years now. While attempting to "Write Files/Folders to Disc" in the usual "Build Mode I have run into a problem which has prevented me from burning any discs, so far I have lost a few and can't grasp how to resolve this issue. This happens with or without using the "Verify" feature, so I am more than perplexed at this point. I have also un-installed and re-installed the software again, to no avail. I am attaching both an image of the "IO Error" along with a copy of the ImgBurn Log. Anyone able to assist I would be sincerely grateful! Thank you. CJ

This is the log for the latest attempt:

I 20:59:53 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 20:59:53 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 20:59:53 Total Physical Memory: 2,879,932 KB - Available: 1,916,264 KB

I 20:59:53 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:59:53 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:59:53 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

If you're getting duff burns on 'SONY-D21-00' media you have 3 choices...

1. Try the 2D15 firmware update - http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloa...p;fileid=261700

2. Try slowing the write speed down to 8x or 12x

3. Stop using them and invest in some Verbatim / Taiyo Yuden instead.

You should do 1 & 2 regardless.

Hi Lightning UK, Thank you for the informative response. I so enjoy your software, it's the BEST! I tried both of your suggestions, for which I thank you, as well. Did the firmware update and reduced the speed, to no avail. Now 3 more coasters so it must be the media. What I find really odd is that I have a bunch of this media remaining and while using discs from each of the cake boxes, all so far have become coasters! I am assuming this is an issue of dye lots, correct?

Regarding the speed, I confess to never burning at a lower speed, I have always used 16x, has that been wrong of me?

Because this was so sudden, I am wondering if this issue has anything to do with my drive itself, perhaps it needs to be cleaned for example?

As for the Verbatim/Taiyo Yuden media you suggested, would you be able to suggest which I should use and the best retailer from whom I should order? Is there a DVD+R 16x for both in boxes of 50 and 100?

Again, thank you for your assistance, it's VERY much appreciated!

CJ

If you're getting duff burns on 'SONY-D21-00' media you have 3 choices...

1. Try the 2D15 firmware update - http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloa...p;fileid=261700

2. Try slowing the write speed down to 8x or 12x

3. Stop using them and invest in some Verbatim / Taiyo Yuden instead.

You should do 1 & 2 regardless.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.