Good DirectShow filter for Imgburn under Vista x64.

castellanos

Hi there!

I would like to know if I can find an good APE & FLAC (if more formats better) DirectShow filter/s working properly under Vista x64. My purpose is to burn Cue/Sheets files with Imgburn.

I've used before DSP-worx in my XP computer... I've installed it in Vista x64 too, but I couldn't run the "register.bat" afterwards.

Some ideas?

Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

Edited by castellanos

Generally speaking you just Google 'APE DirectShow' and 'FLAC DirectShow' and then install the one from the first result.

However, I have no idea if they work with x64 as I've never tried / used it properly.

The madFlac one from the guy on Doom9 might be ok and if it's not you can just post in the thread to ask him to fix it.

Yes... actually I didn't want to use the RadLight APE filter... but it works under Vista x64!! :D

For the FLAC filter, I've tried almost all of them and no luck. MadFLAC doesn't work either. Will see...

Pity, I liked the DSP-Worx one... :ermm:

Edited by castellanos

I wanted to burn a CueSheet file (ape/cue) with Imgburn and the RadLight APE filter installed... no luck.

First I get an error saying that Imgburn can not read the file because is in use by some other application... this is not true. No program is reading the files. Then, after canceling the process, I get another error message: "GetAudioInformation_DirectShow Failed!" - "Reason: Unable to open file"

Actually the WMP can play the ape files with the RadLight APE filter installed.

Some ideas?

Greetings!

Ah, I found the problem... it's not just x64 OS's that it happens on :)

For some reason the directshow filter opens the file for read + write access and that causes some of my code to fail because it's only allowing for programs to open the file with read access - well, I don't want them writing to the file whilst I'm using it!

The changes I've made to get this working were actually the same as I did a couple of days ago for another bit as a result of my learning something new about the inner workings of the 'CreateFile' API function.

So basically you'll have to wait for 2.4.3.0 to burn APE files when using the radlight filter ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Ah, I found the problem... it's not just x64 OS's that it happens on :)

For some reason the directshow filter opens the file for read + write access and that causes some of my code to fail because it's only allowing for programs to open the file with read access - well, I don't want them writing to the file whilst I'm using it!

The changes I've made to get this working were actually the same as I did a couple of days ago for another bit as a result of my learning something new about the inner workings of the 'CreateFile' API function.

So basically you'll have to wait for 2.4.3.0 to burn APE files when using the radlight filter ;)

My senior project group has been running into a similar problem. We're trying to make a bittorrent client which downloads files linearly from beginning to end rather than grabbing the least common pieces first as most clients do. We're then trying to play the video using directshow as it downloads so that it will appear to the user that the video is being streamed. Unfortunately, when directshow opens the video for read and write access, it prevents our bittorrent client from writing to the file, causing our program to fail. If you could tell me how you got directshow to open with read only access my whole group would be very grateful, thanks!

If you've already got the file open then directshow shouldn't be able to stop you from writing to it... you did get there first after all!

If you don't get there first, that's when you run into problems as the method you're using to open the file must agree with whatever else has it open.

I didn't change how the DS filter opens the file, I simply added the FILE_SHARE_WRITE flag so that it can open files even when others have them open for read+write already. If another program has them open for read+write and that flag isn't specified (even if I only want read access), the call to CreateFile will fail.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.