Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: Write Protected

v0id

Hi, I just bought a new Pioneer dvr-216d burner which worked fine for the first DVD I burnt but the last two have given me this error:

12:58:35 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (0/3) - Write Protected

12:59:10 Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: Write Protected

12:59:10 Retrying (1 of 3)...

12:59:10 Retry Failed - Reason: No Additional Sense Information

12:59:10 Retrying (2 of 3)...

12:59:10 Retrying (3 of 3)...

14:50:48 Retrying (4)...

14:50:48 Retry Failed - Reason: No Additional Sense Information

14:50:56 Failed to Write Image!

The discs appear to play fine, the image file I'm burning isn't write protected and I've been using the same batch of good quality verbatims I always use. So whats causing this error?

Thanks.

Because the new NVIDIA drivers are rubbish and return bogus error codes to ImgBurn - they corrupt the real ones.

Older versions of the driver are fine.

so what versions are considered safe and which versions to avoid. Also using the generic driver removes this problem?

Thanks Lightning :)

So as the disc plays ok should I just ignore these 'bogus' errors? Also is there a reason why my first burn was fine and the next two gave the errors?

Edited by v0id

Because the new NVIDIA drivers are rubbish and return bogus error codes to ImgBurn - they corrupt the real ones.

so what versions are considered safe and which versions to avoid. Also using the generic driver removes this problem?

standard ms ones are better on all my nforce boards [6.53 works ok for opticals nforce 3/4]

standard ms ones are better on all my nforce boards [6.53 works ok for opticals nforce 3/4]

I use a 680i chipset what best for it?

Are these bogus errors worth worrying about? Do they affect the burn quality in any way? Because apart from this problem I'm quite happy with the new nforce drivers.

Edited by v0id

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.