Lite-On and IMGBurn problems...

poolshark2014

Ok I have never had this happen to me. My Lite-On dvd burner (DH 20A4P) is up to date on firmware but for some reason when I go to burn a movie it does the OPC like usual then it starts to burn and all of a sudden the device buffer goes haywire. It never stays at 99% or 100% like before. I am using +rw Sony discs so I won't waste discs and am also using Taiyo Yuden (TYG-02) authentic discs -r or +r and still get weird device buffer problems. My Lite-On is only 3 months old. I am using Windows XP with SP2. I recently reformatted my PC 3 days ago because computer would not stay on sleep mode. I burned movies after I reformatted my PC with no problems so what is going on? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I also have Kaspersky Internet Security which IMGBURN is under trusted programs list.

Does the burn complete ? If so does it do so without errors ? Can you post a copy of the log from ImgBurn please ?

well I checked the IDE settings and I couldn't change it to DMA because it was frozen on PIO mode. So I had to uninstall the IDE controllers and all is fine now. Burning fine now with perfect device buffer. Thanks anyways for the effort.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.