multiple drives

btj

Imgburn is a very useful app and better than most commercially available programs.

I have written an app (non-commercial / not for profit) that uses imgburn to automatically burn up to 10 dvd's in paralell with up to 10 instances of imgburn called - with little or no problems.

And also copy up to 10 dvd's to another storage device / network (Not using imgburn - ~240GB in ~ 45mins) Will imgburn allow for something like this in the future?

• 1 month later...
Imgburn is a very useful app and better than most commercially available programs.

I have written an app (non-commercial / not for profit) that uses imgburn to automatically burn up to 10 dvd's in paralell with up to 10 instances of imgburn called - with little or no problems.

And also copy up to 10 dvd's to another storage device / network (Not using imgburn - ~240GB in ~ 45mins) Will imgburn allow for something like this in the future?

Firstly, I'd like to add my enthusiastic second to this feature request.

Secondly, could you please let me know where I could get your app btj? I would absolutely love to have it.

I was simply searching for a temporary solution to the problem. What would be ideal is that ImgBurn could write to multiple drives at once using only on instance of itself. I'm part of a rather small company that frequently needs to make as many as 60 copies of a cd, but not frequently enough to warrant buying a cd duplicator (hundreds of $). Instead, we have multiple cd drives. I was using Roxio 7 to accomplish this task, but can't since moving to Vista 64bit as it isn't support. If ImgBurn could write to multiple drives simultaneously, it would the first one that I have found that is compatible with Vista 64bit. Not even Roxio's latest product supports it (try to figure that one out).

• 3 weeks later...
I very much doubt it's anything different to opening 10 instances yourself.

The chances of you having a storage array that can keep up with 10 parallel accesses to 1 image file are slim to none though so you'd end up burning at about 0.1x speed.

That's exactly what the app does it opens 1 - 10 instances, spans the data (This is not for multiple copies or 1 huge file split across discs) and burns them in parallel. The real power is from Imgburn - I just automated the process, nothing more...

And the burn speed is not to bad with 10 SATA DVD drive at once on quad core with data from a network. Data from a caddie is a bit slower but OK.

It saves us a heap of time.

Doing multiple copies of the same data could be done easily. This app is good for things like large Encase image sets or large amounts of data spanned across multiple discs etc.

ps swekaj I think for your purpose I would have to make a few changesto allow for multiple copies - if you still need it - let me see what i can do.

Edited by btj

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.