Please help!

Nick2910

Hey to all,

I have looked over most of the other topics about SSBB burning and i think i know the answer t my problem but i was hoping

to get some answers from anyone who actually knows their stuff about ImgBurn.

Here is all my info:

I have unfortunately wasted 4 discs on this game.

two unknown DVD+R DL. neither worked. (both with layer breaks)

a Verbatim DVD-R DL.

a Verbatim DVD+R DL with layer break burnt at 2.4x. It stopped at 27% with the error below (even though that is a different disc log it was still the same message)

I have a Pioneer K06RS DVD burner and it says in IMGBURN that it can write DL dvds.

Also i have read that only the older Verbatim DVDs work not the new 8x discs. is that true? *fingers crossed that it is not*

I 21:03:35 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 21:03:35 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 21:03:35 Total Physical Memory: 2,086,592 KB - Available: 949,832 KB

I 21:03:35 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:03:35 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:04:08 Found 1 DVD

Older writers can have problems with new media codes and not fully support them. Only by using them it's possible to know if they work or not. I couldn't find any posts on the net from someone that have used them and posted about hem.

The ones that only writes at 2.4 speed have been around longer and therefore have better support on older writers.

:)

i have been using the Verbatim DVD+R DL 8x MKM-003. would that make a differnece?

Did they work? That isn't the discs you are using in the log you posted...and yes it would make a difference, that's why mmalves suggested it.

Hey well i have used 2 and they both got to 50% and didnt come up with a message but just didnt do anything else so i had to cancel. And i havent tried any more because i dont want any more coasters.

i burnt tiger woods on a normal dvd-r and it works but i just cant seem to burn SSBB on a DL. so frustrating

any help is wanted

You really are wasting your time.

Buy the original and another non chipped Wii

If you insist on wasting money get Only MKM-001-00 Verbatim and burn @2.4x only and set book type to DVD-ROM with the layerbreak mentioned in hundreds of posts in google.

Even if the disc burns all the way to end and verifies the chances are your Wii will struggle to load it, if it does start to load on wii though QUICKLY press A[sTART] before DEMO screen each and everytime and it will work that way.

Why should i buy a new game and wii btw my wii is not chipped, i am using homebrew to play backup games and it works coz i can play burnt tiger woods.

so basically i should either give up on SSBB or get the MKM-001 discs

Use the original or give up.

Older Wii laser is not very good the new ones are not that much better either.

Get mkm-001-00 made in Singapore @2.4x dvd-rom and layerbreak set, give up if still no good just use original.

The original on chipped Wii struggles to load and the copy stands more of a chance at loading. Not sure where non chip but soft modchip stands but suspect still same.

Older writers can have problems with new media codes and not fully support them. Only by using them it's possible to know if they work or not. I couldn't find any posts on the net from someone that have used them and posted about hem.

The ones that only writes at 2.4 speed have been around longer and therefore have better support on older writers.

:)

Cough ! post-2-1223995127.png

My Liteon seems to like the new DVD+R DLs, true the scan above doesn't have a jitter reading (which would bring the score down a little) but that aside I am impressed with the 8 or so I have burnt so far. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.