can I append to a DVD disk ?

jbclem

I've burnt some .avi files to a DVD disk. I used "Write Files/Folders to Disk". The files are there, they are playable. They only use up less than half of the space available on the DVD (4.3 GB). Now I want to add some more .avi files to this DVD, but when I try to do this the main action icon(s) remain grayed out, and there is a little note at the bottom of the window "disk not empty". The information tab shows lots of free space, about 3.3 gb. I'm in device output mode. Looking under the File menu, the Write command is also grayed out.

I can't get past this point. I'm new to ImgBurn so I don't know if it even allows appending additional data files to a disk. I haven't found any mention of this in the guides.

I tried a different burning software, DeepBurnerPro, and it also shows the 5 .avi files on the disk (5 x 350mb aprox size) but tells me there is not enough space on the media.

So I'm confused at this point, and don't know that much about burning DVDs anyway. Can someone set me straight...

John

Thanks Cynthia for letting me know. Too bad, I like ImgBurn otherwise, but I won't be using it as much. Do you know if they are planning to add multi sessions someday?

ImgBurn doesn't support multi sessions, so you can't add more stuff to an already written +R/-R disc. :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.