I/O write error always at +/- 50%

Fukkieslim

Hi I want to burn DL DVD's, but I keep getting this error. First I tried with Nashua DVD, then 2 Verbatims. The verbatims errored at 50% and 49%. I have a brand new installed LG gh22np20, latest firmware update. I tried 2x and 4x speed, and the Nashua 1x speed. Heres a log of one of the burns (latest Verbatim).

I 20:44:42 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 20:44:42 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 20:44:42 Total Physical Memory: 1.047.500 KB - Available: 548.168 KB

I 20:44:42 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:44:42 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:45:01 Found 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD

Edited by Fukkieslim

Hey I may have found the solution! I just went for another try, now not at low speeds (1x, 2x, 4x) but at higher speed. I tried 8x, it was just a guess, cause the DVD itself has 8x printed on it, and when you check the available speeds its from 4x to 10x so I thought 8 is nice in the middle. Anyway, it just finished burning without error! First one without error for me. Dunno if it was luck, will try more later. DIsc is now verifying, I'll update you when thats done.

Hey I may have found the solution! I just went for another try, now not at low speeds (1x, 2x, 4x) but at higher speed. I tried 8x, it was just a guess, cause the DVD itself has 8x printed on it, and when you check the available speeds its from 4x to 10x so I thought 8 is nice in the middle. Anyway, it just finished burning without error! First one without error for me. Dunno if it was luck, will try more later. DIsc is now verifying, I'll update you when thats done.

I have the same drive and tried the higher speed and it still failed, I uninstalled SP3 and was able to burn a DL Disk.

I have the same drive and tried the higher speed and it still failed, I uninstalled SP3 and was able to burn a DL Disk.

ok some little update, the higher speed burnt disc wasnt burnt properly, my xbox didnt read it. I tried burning the same file on another burner on another pc and it burnt fine! So it is NOT a DVD problems, the DVDs are fine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.