Synchronising Cache...never ends

jmaverick

:rolleyes: Hallo, a very strange problem

I use a Samsung internal Super WriteMaster with Verbatim 4x DVD-R DL and I want to burn an ISO file at 1x; well, I launch the test phase and it ends fine, I only notice that the syncronising cache phase takes 9 minutes, that is to say one third of the overall time; than I choose write and verify, but at the very end of it the synchro cache phase never ends. :angry: If I try to stop ImgBurn it replis 'ack' but does not goes to an end, if I force the termination of ImgBurn the device keeps to be busy and I must reboot my system. I tried also updating to the latest version the device firmware, nothing changes, still the same never ending synchro. See the log. I have already burnt ISO DL without having troubles. :wub: Many thanks for your kind help. Take care.

I 11:14:29 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 11:14:29 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 11:14:29 Total Physical Memory: 2.095.584 KB - Available: 1.523.244 KB

I 11:14:29 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:14:29 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:14:29 Found 1 DVD

I 11:15:56 Destination Device: [1:0:0] TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S202J SB02 (D:) (ATA)

I 11:15:56 Destination Media Type: DVD-R DL (Disc ID: MKM 01RD30) (Speeds: 4x)

I 11:15:56 Write Speed: 1x

Slower isn't always better, and your drive only supports burning this media at 4x. Have you tried with Verbatim DVD+R DL discs?

The DVD-R DLs are useless - I had 5 to test and couldn't find any use for them, you can't set the layer break position on them which makes them unplayable is most players/consoles.....

As mmalves said get Verbatim DVD+R DLs and you should be much happier :)

I am having a similar problem when I write to Memorex -R disks. When I get to synchronising cache, sometimes it just stalls there and fails to synchronise.

Will I still be able to use the disks that fail to synchronise cache? I tried playing one, its a DVD, and it seems to work fine although the write process was not fully completed. I want to make sure I have a good copy though.

In order to get the disk to eject from the dvd recorder I also need to reboot the computer. I don't want to have to go waste about the 30 Memorex disks I have just to try some other brand that might or might not work, but for future referance what would be the best disks to use? (Verbatim +R?) The first 20 or so disks seemed to burn without only 1 or 2 problems but the last 3 burns were total failures.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.