Burn error while closing track

piddyb

I tried searching for the problem I had but couldn't find any other post so I hope to get some help here :)

As you can see in the log below I had a problem when closing track and a messagebox appeared saying "Close Track Failed! - Reason: No Additional Sense Information"

I clicked retry and a new errorbox appeared saying "Retry Failed - Reason: Unknown (0xEF, 0xFF)"

To me it seems the disc wasn't closed properly, but I don't know much about the logs. I tried the disc in my console and it couldn't read it. I also tried to check if the iso-file was ok with xdvdmulleter, but it couldn't read the disc either.

What did I do wrong? Thanks for the help in advance :)

btw. i used verbatim dvd+r dl discs

I 13:58:32 Source File Sectors: 3

Is your drive attached to an nvidia controller by any chance?

I have the exact same problem and yes I am using a Nvidia controller, a nForce 430/6150 Asus A8N-VM CSM motherboard to be exact.

I know its not the media as I am using the same Verbatim DVD+ DL discs I have always used on the same SATA based Pioneer DVD recorder.

This seems to have started happening after upgrading my nForce drivers to the latest ones available on Nvidia.com

Is this a known issue? The discs seem to play fine but it Imgburn always ends with this error when completing a burn.

wonderful nvidia drivers at work again :)

They introduce bogus errors, revert to a previous set if possible.

ImgBurn will have sent the command to do it, yes.

Thanks a lot. The nForce drivers have been nothing but trouble most of the time. I had to upgrade due to the intermittent no video signal problem after the Windows XP SP3 upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to have the same problem, is there any hope? I have used ImgBurn since it has been available. I never had any problems until I got a new Dell XPS 630i. I have an nvidia nForce 650i SLI chipset with two 9800GT cards bridged. I had to update because my unit would not work right out of the box.

I know it is not a media issue

The Windows default drivers did not work, or the old version of the Nvidia drivers did not work?

Hello, thank you for the quick response. Sorry, I got tied up at work and have not been able to play with this project again until now. I am not sure what you meant, old version Nvidia drivers. For clarification, I have two computers an older Dell 8300 which works perfect, and this new XPS630i which is not working properly, at least to my liking. Ironically one of the main things I wanted to do with the XPS is video editing/burning. I have what ever drivers are in Windows XP Pro SP3 and the only Nvidea video driver which works with my monitor. Neither Dell or windows have updates that I have found. I think the problem is most likely the Nvidia drivers as my problem mirrors the start of this thread. Today it is trying my patience trying to burn a photo cd of my kids Christmas play. I am wondering if there is any hope for the Nvidia drivers. Also, I was wondering if it is possible I might do better with a EIDE set up instead of the SATA. My mother board will support eithe one. Any opinions?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.