New Features

foyzul

I think a preview of the movie which are being read or Burnt or just copying could be displayed and have an optional choice if you would like a preview of what movie while you are copying the movies, for example, DVDShrink has a preview check box included.

Ultra Buffer in the new Nero is amazing I think that the Ultra Buffer feature could be included. By the way I don't like Nero because it is just too ugly to look at and use.

I think it would be better if Imgburn had the DVDInfo application built in.

A CD/DVD label creator could be also be better if were to be built in

The log file windows join into the application itself.

EZ-Mode Picker could have e.g. CD/DVD Label Creator etc. improvements in design e.g. color configuration option could included to change the whole ImgBurn interface colour or a random color changer or automatic fade and shadow affects giving it a more sophisticated professional look like something different than any other burning application.

I also want help file to be included with imburn and to also be improved improved on options side explaining what all meaning of the setting all mean and how and why the setting are used etc.

I'm sure the :worthy: BOSS :worthy: will have answers to this for you...but....do you really want a program that looks and acts more like Nero and a slew of other worthless programs out there and is maybe 5x larger in size than ImgBurn?

Not really, I hate Nero!

Thanks

So what do you think would be good to have in imgburn?

So what do you think would be good to have in imgburn?

Foyzul;

To tell the truth, I don't make many suggestions to the Boss about the program. I've been here since the days of DVDD, as have most of the Beta's, and I'm still amazed that the program is free, does all that it does and that the Boss is open to suggestions about his 'baby'. I find the capabilities of the program easily worth his putting a price on it and have always held him and the other Beta's in highest regard since we all do this on a volunteer basis without letting the pressures of the laziness/ignorance/attitude of some of the users get to us.

spinner.

Well said spinner.

Truth be known almost all of the suggestions you have made have been discussed before and haven't been implemented yet. Not sure if combining with DVDInfoPro has or not, but then you have an issue with two developers...one offereing freeware and another making a financial gain. If the two programs were to unite I would look for the days of a free burner ending. It's really not hard to click the "i" icon to allow Imgburn to open DVDInfoPro for you with all the information right there.

As for the buffer, you can change your buffer around in Imgburns settings if you are unhappy with the default settings....Tools>Settings>I/O tab

The settings and features can be found here:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=6392

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=6232

Movie preview and CD/DVD label creator have nothing to do with burning. You are talking about making a 'suite' -which means writing completely new programs- not about updating or adding extra features, like offset-write support for example...

I was just making suggestions, I' m programmer so I didn't know that you would have write a new one, I' am thinking of becoming a programmer for my hobby, I just started learning how create an autorun file, some command lines, I know that there are different file formats e.g. (.bat=batch)(.inf=autorun) (ini=systemfile) etc. I'm only on the baby level :teehee:

Anyway what are the next fixes, updates for the next imgburn and when is it being released?

Thanks

whats wrong with it as it is now? why do people keep asking when the new release is coming? its constantly being worked on by luk and the betas and when LUK decides he is finished with the next stage of development he will release it so sit back and enjoy what it can do for you now, as far as i know there are no plans for a release in the near future

The betas are fairly tame now a days....

:'( Yes we are and it's really starting to piss me off..... :'(

=))=))=))

Where's shamus when you need him :)

Regards

You don't have anyone to look up to as a mentor in your quest at becoming a better bastard? :whistling:

The betas are fairly tame now a days....

:'( Yes we are and it's really starting to piss me off..... :'(

=))=))=))

Where's shamus when you need him :)

Regards

You don't have anyone to look up to as a mentor in your quest at becoming a better bastard? :whistling:

Not 'better'...just more advanced.....=))

How 'bout a new front-end?

I know everyone hates any idea that makes it more like Nero. But...

I use NeroMicro often, and I like the NeroExpress layout.

I'm not saying it has to look EXACTLY like that, but Express IS one thing Nero got right.

ImgBurn is a first-rate app, no doubt. But the learning curve is too high for many people.

A new front-end might just be what you guys need to REALLY get user-adoption going ahead

of Nero.

;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.