how to burn mpeg4 and wav file

clumb31

Somebody video'd me doing stuff and I want to burn to DVD. The file is an mp4 and I can view it in Quicktime. How can I burn it to a dvd?

I also have a wav file I would ideally like to burn to the same dvd.

I am a novice and really don't want to buy any software as this is just an occasional thing. I do have various programs on my Media Center computer

Any help is appreciated

Burning to dvd and converting to a dvd video disc are two very different things.

You first need to work out which one you want. Do you want to keep the mp4 file as an mp4 file or do you want a disc that works in all standalone DVD players?

As for the wav file, you can only burn that as a data file really (i.e. via Build mode) because DVD's don't support audio in the same way CD's do (i.e. CDDA / CD Audio discs).

Burning to dvd and converting to a dvd video disc are two very different things.

You first need to work out which one you want. Do you want to keep the mp4 file as an mp4 file or do you want a disc that works in all standalone DVD players?

As for the wav file, you can only burn that as a data file really (i.e. via Build mode) because DVD's don't support audio in the same way CD's do (i.e. CDDA / CD Audio discs).

The mp4 file is a video taken of me doinbg some stunts and I want to put it on a dvd to view in the future on a dvd player. It has music but I can live without that. It is about 5 minutes long

The wav file I have is also one of amateur video that I want to keep on a dvd so that I can view it with my friends. The wav file was emailed to me and took forever to load even though it is only 6 minutes long. It is now on my hard drive

It would be nice if I could put both of them on one dvd.

As I said in my question, I am a NOVICE and most of the FAQ, etc are rather techinical and more suited to experienced users.

Use DVD Flick or ConvertXtoDVD to convert your mp4 to DVD Video format (don't worry, you won't lose the sound), then burn it.

I have no experience of putting wavs on DVD, I guess the authoring program would need to make up some sort of still video/picture to go with it.

You can probably just Google that one.

Thanks, I meant a wmv file NOT wav

Use DVD Flick or ConvertXtoDVD to convert your mp4 to DVD Video format (don't worry, you won't lose the sound), then burn it.

I have no experience of putting wavs on DVD, I guess the authoring program would need to make up some sort of still video/picture to go with it.

You can probably just Google that one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.