Can't Get Started!

dennise

ImgBurn looks to be a great burner, but I can't seem to get started.

I have read the 'guides' and they are written well, very focused and are detailed. What I lack is the BIG picture.

I'm trying simply to write a folder in Windows XP containing several subfolders each of which contain some 'jpg' pictures to a DVD disc.

Can someone please explain the exact SEQUENCE to follow? Do I have to 'Build' first? Do I have to make a project first? Can I write the XP folder directly to the DVD?

I tried to make an image first (which ImgBurn seemed to do), then write that to the DVD but the 'write' icon is dimmed out. I know my hardware works because I somehome managed to burn one file to my DVD with ImgBurn.

What is the sequence to follow for this burn???

Lost ......... :whistling:

Open ImgBurn, switch to Build mode ('Write files/folders to disc"), click the yellow folder icon in the Source area and choose the folder you want to burn (or the folder that contains the folders you want to burn), click the big Burn button and you're done :)

Open ImgBurn, switch to Build mode ('Write files/folders to disc"), click the yellow folder icon in the Source area and choose the folder you want to burn (or the folder that contains the folders you want to burn), click the big Burn button and you're done :)

OK, I figured it out why I wasn't getting anywhere. :rolleyes:

In the maze of DVD (and CD) formats, I didn't realize I was using a DVD+R disc. I had written a single file to one disc and then tried to burn a folder to the same disc not realizing DVD+Rs are only write once. So now I guess I have a 'coaster' with a single 'jpg' picture on it.

Inserting a second NEW disc, I did indeed succeed in burning a top folder containing many sub-folder each containing many 'jpg' pictures. ImgBurn did this quickly and I could read the disc just fine in another drive unit.

Just as a suggestion, for noobies like me, it would be nice if ImgBurn could advise the used that disc in the drive has already been written to once and that no further burns are possible. I guess the little 'Disc is not empty' message is supposed to be the hint for this.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions so quickly. ImgBurn rocks!

Whilst in build mode, you can switch to the Device tab and you should be given the properties of the disc in the drive...such as whether or not it is blank. You can also access the disc info in Discovery mode, Read mode and Write mode.

Whilst in build mode, you can switch to the Device tab and you should be given the properties of the disc in the drive...such as whether or not it is blank. You can also access the disc info in Discovery mode, Read mode and Write mode.

Thanks, I'll try that. :shades:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.