CBD Field invalid????

Woody2005

Hi guys, been using Imgburn for some time now but all of a sudden without changing any settings or doing anything different, whenever I click to 'write' it's coming up saying 'Failed to set L O data zone capacity - Reason: Invalid field in CDB'. Does anybody know what this means or better still how to correct it. Would really appreciate help as up until now have been really impressed with IMGBurn. Thanks in advance. Here is my log, Sorry if I've posted it wrong but it's my first time here.

I 11:57:35 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-02) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x)

I 11:57:35 Destination Media Sectors: 3,827,520

I 11:57:35 Write Mode: DVD

I 11:57:35 Write Type: DAO

I 11:57:35 Write Speed: 2.4x

I 11:57:35 Link Size: Auto

I 11:57:35 Test Mode: No

I 11:57:35 OPC: No

I 11:57:35 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 11:57:35 Book Type Setting: DVD-ROM

I 11:57:35 Optimal L0 Data Zone Capacity: 1,913,760

I 11:57:35 Optimal L0 Data Zone Method: Copied From Original Disc

E 11:57:36 Failed to set L0 Data Zone Capacity!

E 11:57:36 Reason: Invalid Field in CDB

E 11:57:36 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:00:01

I 11:57:36 Average Write Rate: N/A - Maximum Write Rate: N/A

Thanks again!

Edited by Woody2005

Hi Woody2005, and welcome to the forum.

You cut off a lot of info in the log you posted but we can start with:

Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-02) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x)

Crappy media choice...all we recommend for DL copies is Verbatim DataLifePlus made in Singapore. If these have worked before, congrats....cause they ain't workin' now. >_<

spinner

Hi Thanks for reply, sorry didn't realise I cut any off, re-posted below in full. I've always used Aone discs, good for the money and been working without fail since I started getting into all this back in September but am happy to try Verbatim if you think they're worth the extra quid or so. Also, I don't think it's due to the file I'm trying to burn coz I've tried 3 or 4 different files all with the same response. Just never had a prob with imgburn before and been using it since September. Anyway, here is the log, hopefully in full: - thanks again.

I 11:56:37 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 11:56:37 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 11:56:37 Total Physical Memory: 523,756 KB - Available: 150,568 KB

I 11:56:37 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:56:37 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:56:37 Found 2 DVD

Thanks to all who replied. It seems it was as simple as opening up a fresh pack of discs and using one of them. Sorry for being thick but I was trying to burn to the same disc as after it said it failed, it still said that the disc was empty so I assumed it would be O.K. Anyway, using different disc and it seems to be going fine now so thanks a lot and thanks for the burner update also, much appreciated guys!!!

Hi. Just joined the forum as new user of Imageburn.

I also got this message but I suspect it may be because I tried to burn a 7.5Gb file onto a 4.7Gb SL disk. (Duh?!?)

Couple of questions:

Can you compress larger files t fit onto a SL disk?

Can you use two SL disks to burn a >4.7Gb file?

Just trying to avoid the extra cost of the DL disks. I currently use Verbatim SL disks and they work great.

Can you tell I'm new DVD burning in general?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.