Img burn disks won't play on sony

Cheddars

Whatever I burn with IMG Burn, plays great on my Samsung DVD Player. When I try to play the same disk it will not play in my Sony DVD player. Get disk error message or just cannot play. Using Verbatim DVD-R on all burns.

The Sony Model DVD Player with HDMI and has DVP on it with Model #NSS77H

The Samsung Model DVD player is DVDHD-845

Here is some info I show with IMG Burn

Pre-recorded Information:

Manufacturer ID: MCC 03RG20

Recording Management Area Information:

SONY DVD RW DRU-820A

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Disc ID: 0@P-!-00

Book Type: DVD-R

Part Version: 5

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: 10.08Mbps

Number of Layers: 1

Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)

Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 0

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

On the options in settings for Write it is:

Write mode Auto

Write type DAO/SAO

Link size Auto

I have checks in front of:

Auto Change Book Type

DVD+R finalise Disk

Enable Burn-Proof

Lock Volume-Exclusive Access

Cycle Tray Before Verify

Verify against Image File

And on the I/O tab

Interface is SPTI Microsoft

In general I have all the things checked in Display Warnings

And I am running versions 2.4.2.0

Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

You Sony player doesn't like the discs you are using. Try a different brand, we suggest Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden, or a different format (+R) as your burner is capable of booktyping.

Thanks for the response. Using Verbatim DVD-R so I am guessing going to a +R with Verbatim or trying something different. I do know the Sony players are very touchy. Thanks again and will give it a try and post what my results were.

If you know the sony will play -R discs, i would stick with them as opposed to buying +R ( does the samsung play +R format discs ?)

As the discs play fine on the samsung, it suggests it is a media problem as Loco said, and most likely its just down to the sony not liking the verbatims you have.

can you post a log file of a burn that worked on the samsung and failed to play on the sony ?

you will find the logs under the HELP button >ImgBurn Logs , just copy and paste into a post on here

regards

If you know the sony will play -R discs, i would stick with them as opposed to buying +R ( does the samsung play +R format discs ?)

As the discs play fine on the samsung, it suggests it is a media problem as Loco said, and most likely its just down to the sony not liking the verbatims you have.

can you post a log file of a burn that worked on the samsung and failed to play on the sony ?

you will find the logs under the HELP button >ImgBurn Logs , just copy and paste into a post on here

regards

Here are two burns. The first one worked on the Sony and thought this is it, I needed to use DVD+R disks but the second did not play as far as playing on the Sony. Both played on the samsung. I burned both at 4x instead of the normal 8x I use. They are actually Office Depot DVD+R disks but you can see Ritek is the manufacturer.

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Wednesday, 24 December 2008, 18:10:04

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 17:54:15 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 17:54:15 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 17:54:15 Total Physical Memory: 2,882,776 KB - Available: 2,351,464 KB

I 17:54:15 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:54:15 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:54:15 Found 2 DVD

Verify your burns and post a new log. (This will also tell us if your drive is booktyping to DVDROM)

8x might produce a better burn than 4x.

I'm sure you already know that we recommend Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden media here. Everything else is rubbish in comparison.

Ok, thanks for all your help and responses from all. Will use Verbatim +R's and do the posts today. Thanks again.

I am sure this has been answered but I am also going to shut down virus protection and disconnect from the internet when burning.

Edited by Cheddars

Verify your burns and post a new log. (This will also tell us if your drive is booktyping to DVDROM)

8x might produce a better burn than 4x.

I'm sure you already know that we recommend Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden media here. Everything else is rubbish in comparison.

Ok, thanks for all your help and responses from all. Will use Verbatim +R's and do the posts today. Thanks again.

I am sure this has been answered but I am also going to shut down virus protection and disconnect from the internet when burning.

Here is a copy of the log. I did not use Verbatim disks because did not have chance to purchase them.

did you +R

I did play the +R's on my samsung and worked great. I also when burning shut everything down on computer. I really think it could be the junk DVD+R's I am using although they work fine on Samsung.

Appreciate anything you might see I am doing wrong. Thanks

ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Saturday, 27 December 2008, 21:33:36

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 21:16:14 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 21:16:14 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 21:16:14 Total Physical Memory: 2,882,776 KB - Available: 2,291,236 KB

I 21:16:14 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:16:14 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

E 21:16:14 Failed to check for ImgBurn update!

I 21:16:24 Found 2 DVD

I 21:25:26 Source Media Type: DVD+R (Book Type: DVD+R) (Disc ID: RITEK-F16-01) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 8x, 16x)

The Sony DRU-820A seems to be a rebadged BenQ DW-1670. Might work to do the bitsetting/book type function in the Benq tab and add it as a cloned drive in the advanced function of the book type function in ImgBurn. Some players seems to like to have the +R media as DVD-ROM when played.

:)

I 21:25:26 Source Media Type: DVD+R (Book Type: DVD+R) (Disc ID: RITEK-F16-01) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 8x, 16x)

The Sony DRU-820A seems to be a rebadged BenQ DW-1670. Might work to do the bitsetting/book type function in the Benq tab and add it as a cloned drive in the advanced function of the book type function in ImgBurn. Some players seems to like to have the +R media as DVD-ROM when played.

Was out of town and just getting this. Will give it a try and see what happens. Thanks very much for the response and have a great New Year.

ok, just went to img and not sure what your suggest to change. Can't seem to find the settings you want me to change. Can you explain a little more? Thanks.

Edited by Cheddars

Hi all,

I burnt some movies using ImgBrn and some cheap blanks, some movies play on my friend's dvd player some dont.

I was wondering if i have to make some changes in settings of ImgBrn OR the defualt settings works fine.

All i wanna do is burn divx movies from my hdd on blanks and play it on DVD player of my friend.

TIA.

~Vivek~ :thumbup:

Edited by Rockfella

Unless their player actually supports divx then burning divx (avi) files won't work - you'll need to convert the files to DVD Video format using something like DVD Flick or ConvertXtoDVD.

The defaults work fine but if you're burning AVI files for use on a standalone player you should probably change the 'File System' selection to ISO9660/Joliet as that's what most players will probably prefer. (I doubt they'll read UDF at all for non DVD Video discs)

Look in section '4.2.12.1 Lite-On' and '4.2.12.2 Advanced' of this guide -

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=6392

the example is if you are dealing with a Lite-On - but just adopt it to the Benq instead.

Just read your detailed link of functions and it is fantastic. Thank you so much for going into all the processes and explaining them in such great detail. Will follow this guide whenever needed and everything should work great. Again, thank you very much for all your help.

Also wanted to thank all who recommended the Verbatim disks and responded to my questions for help. I had been using the Verbatim -R's without issue except for the sony player and went to the Verbatim +R's and they work great on the Sony. Thanks to all who posted to my questions and need for help. Very much appreciated.

Edited by Cheddars

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.