Bitsetting support for the Pioneer DVR-116D

Marcel T

Pioneer doesn't have commands to control the bitsetting, or it would already be implemented, don't you think?

The standard firmware automatically booktypes DVD+R DL media to DVD-ROM. In order to do that with single-layer DVD+R media, you need to flash your Pioneer burner with a modified firmware. You can do that with MediaCodeSpeedEdit or other similar tools :thumbup:

Hi and welcome to the forum, Marcel T! :)

Not sure what you mean. I have the SATA version of that writer and no problems here and the bit setting works here also.

Hi I mean the settings you can change at; TOOLS - DRIVE - CHANGE BOOKTYPE

The choises of drives are LG , Benq , Liteon , NEC etc but no Pioneer.

Maybe is Mediacodespeededit an option for me.

Thxs

Marcel

The choices that are currently available within ImgBurn are there because the manufacturers have actually added special commands for the purpose of changing the booktype. Pioneer haven't added any commands and booktype stuff is controlled entirely by the firmware.

• 3 weeks later...

ImgBurn book types Optiarc, LG, Lite-On and Samsungs automatically for +R media, if the setting is enabled.

Most writers do have the book type on DVD+DL by them self. (As Nec/Optiarc)

Pioneer firmware has it built in.

I think LG does not book type DL automatic on itself. Later models of NEC/Optiarc and Pioneer have it built in to the original firmware.

If you have the book type option enabled in the settings, ImgBurn will send the book type command and if it's supported by the writer (Optiarc, LG, Lite-On and Samsung), it will be changed. Rebaded models of those brands will also be book typed by ImgBurn if they have been added in the Advanced setting of the Book Type function.

ok i get what your saying but my question is about DVD-R DL disc,

are they burned as DVD-Rom automatically?

or just like DVD+R DL, i need to change the settings for them to burn as DVD-ROM?

Edited by eSkRo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.