I removed DLA from startup

renshaw8

I was cleaning up my startup items and the research I did on the net told me the dla entry (DLA DLACTRLW.EXE) was for sonic software and drive ID so since I never use My Sonic program, (It came with my computer) I removed it from my startup and just after that I started to burn a VIDEO TS folder and right away I got a failure and error message. Can someone tell me if the dla is needed for my ImgBurn? Attached are my log, my filter load order and the settings in "build" before I selected "restore all defaults" and they changed quite a bit. I don't know how they got that way.....imgburn.log post-14592-1230869443_thumb.jpg post-14592-1230869461_thumb.jpg

ImgBurn doesn't need nor relies on any other program/service. I think you could remove all the Lower Class Filters and, if any other program stops working because it used a filter, you can always re-install that program.

By the way, removing a program from the startup simply stops it from starting with Windows. The proper way would be to uninstall it from the Add/Remove Programs option in Control Panel.

Thanks mmalves, Lightning UK had me remove some filters when I had trouble before. But I just reinstalled my Windows XP and installed the newer version of ImgBurn and the filters were different. Did you check out my settings screenshot? Just about all of those checked boxes UNCHECKED when I reset to defaults. I never set those that way (All Checked).......I didn't want to uninstall Sonic, I just wanted to stop it from starting at startup.

The default settings work best for most people, and they're only there for specific uses really.

You might also want to try burning at other speeds, like 6x or 8x to see how it turns out. If that doesn't work, try with high quality media such as Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden blanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.