CD Media option?

aks100

I've been playing with ImgBurn for a little while, and it has many useful features. Great, and thanks!

Now, two things confused me a bit at the start.

1) There is no CD option under the media setting when creating an image file. It took me a while to think of and find the right search and this topic came up CD Media Option. I think it would still be easier for newbies to have one. It could also alert if the content exceeded the disc size.

2) The boot image name is always renamed. I just wanted to replicate my slipstreamed XP disk, i.e. with MS naming. Again, would be just less confusing. Just a thought.

1. As you have probably now read, the media stuff is for the program to work out when a double layer disc (and hence a layer break) is required, nothing more.

Build on the fly (i.e. where 'Output' is set to 'Device') and it'll go by the media in the drive.

2. Boot images don't have a name and all the info you need to faithfully reproduce its details is put into the log when you extract it.

The next version even asks you if you want to reuse all the info from the place you extracted the image and fill out the fields for you. It doesn't get any better than that.

It's just the nature of the program isn't to release betas to the world like other DVD programs do. In very rare circumstances, a beta will be emailed to a member who has a very peculiar problem that only he can test.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.