WAV files won't play.

Hiker99

I've recently discovered that Wav files I've created (from mp3's using Cdex) and burned onto CD's, won't play on my HiFi. I've only had this problem since ditching Nero and taking up ImgBurn (and, of course, keeping Windows XP up to date).

Can anyone give me advice on perhaps altering my settings prior to burning or sorting this?

The HiFi CD is a Denon capable of playing copied CD's & Wavs and has not given me any problems up until now. I have the same problem with my brothers CD too so It's looking like a softare prob, but I'm no expert here.

Any advice gratefully received :)

Hiker99

Did you burn the WAVs as per the Audio CD guide in the Guides forum?

If not, I expect that's why you're having problems.

Oops, should have seen that :whistling: .I'll have a read........

........Right. Hmm. So I write all the audio stuff as an image. When ever I've burned before (Nero and other progs) I've just done it as files. Explains why that thru me for a second there. Right, up to speed now I think.

Many thanks.

Hiker99

Edited by Hiker99

Burn them using the 'Tools/Create CD Cue' file option, once your CUE file is created, choose the 'write' option and select it and you'll have no problems at all with very compatble audio CD's that I can burn at x16 without any issues at all

Once its burnt it will auto-delete the cue track and ASK if you want to delete the MP3's it created the audio CD from

Nero just didn't like burning at x16 and frequently ended up with skipping tracks, another reason why Nero is no longer installed on my system

If you do insist on still using Nero, go find a copy of either Nero 6 or Nero 7. A lot of people still use Nero 6 for a reason ... it works

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.