2nd Bad Burn Since XP Reinstall & ImgBurn Upgrade

renshaw8

I just reinstalled windows XP and then installed the newer ImgBurn version 2.4.2.0 and I tried to burn an .avi movie with an error again. I was here last week about my first error. It was suggested that I remove my lower filters so I did that except for IMAPI because Lightning Uk had me save that one when I had trouble with my last version. I'm using Sony DVD's at 4X speed with a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-841S. I don't think there is new firmware for my burner. Here is my log and screenshots.post-14592-1231343534_thumb.jpgpost-14592-1231343555_thumb.jpg

post-14592-1231343570_thumb.jpg

Ok , That's all I got after the failed burn. I don't have any other info in the log for some reason. Do you think I should reinstall ImgBurn? Also, should I remove IMAPI from filter load?

Edited by renshaw8

You can't remove imapi, at least not with ImgBurn's Filter Driver Load Order tool. Have you tried with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks? Sony aren't the best and laptop burners are known to be picky about the media they like.

Thanks mmalves...... I'll try Verbatim Dvd's. I've had good success with the Sony's and since I Reinstalled Win Xp and new Imgburn , 2 bad burns in a row. I figured that something else must be wrong. I don't understand why my log doesn't say anything.

There's a log window that should be open when ImgBurn is running (i.e. 2 windows in total for ImgBurn, the 'main' one and the 'log' one), burn something and copy + paste the text from the log window.

Make sure you're running ImgBurn directly - i.e. not via any other program as it'll probably point the log for that session to a different file and it therefore won't be saved into the main ImgBurn one. Again, that's not so much of an issue if you copy + paste from the proper log window inside the program.

Well, Lightning UK, I used my Verbatim DVD's and had a successful burn. But the main window was the only thing that came up. No log window. I then checked for the log under "HELP" menu and the log file was missing. (Maybe my Cleaner) removed it. But I would think that my burn would produce another one. I found the log under "View" menu. Anyway, here's the log....

I 20:37:30 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 20:37:30 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 20:37:30 Total Physical Memory: 1,038,316 KB - Available: 665,164 KB

I 20:37:30 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:37:30 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:37:30 Found 1 DVD

Edited by renshaw8

The log windows opens by default on a fresh install, so obviously it was closed somewhere along the line.

I recommend you keep it open as I use it to tell you things!

Make sure you verify your burns by ticking the 'Verify' box just above where the 'Go' button is. This is very important when you think you're having issues.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.