What if dvd files are to big to go on one disc?

Ok here goes..I am new to this. Just got a new computer and it has Vista. Installed anydvd, then downloaded shrink 3.2. Ripped three dvd's using anydvd. Then using shrink I burnt them. But all of the burnt dvds were messed up.

I then found this program ImgBurn. Using the guides, I was able to take the files ripped from anydvd, and with this godsend of a program burn the first two movies and they work and play excellent.

Now I try to use the dvd files from the third movie, also ripped with anydvd. When I get to the information tab and press calculate, it comes up as 138% and the free space is in the negative. It also keeps saying in the bottom left corner "Getting disc physical format information(last recorded) and I am unable to hit the build button..I am not sure if I should mention this, but the movie is Righteous Kill, with DeNiro and Pacino.

How do I get it out of the negative? I noticed on the crappy shrink 3.2, that I had the option of burning the whole dvd, or just the movie itself. It also let you remove things like language(spanish, french, etc) to free up space.

Is there a way with this program to free up space as well. I don't know what all the ts video files are. I have been doing this now for about 8 hours and do not have a double layer disc

Any help would be appreciated and as I said this program is a godsend

Thanks

If your source files are too big and you don't want to use double layer media then obviously you need to 'shrink' them somehow.

ImgBurn is just a burning tool, it cannot shrink / reauthor your files.

As this isn't therefore an ImgBurn issue, I must ask that you take to searching Google for info on something to make your files smaller.

There are a number of programs that can do it, one of which you've already mentioned.

If your source files are too big and you don't want to use double layer media then obviously you need to 'shrink' them somehow.

ImgBurn is just a burning tool, it cannot shrink / reauthor your files.

As this isn't therefore an ImgBurn issue, I must ask that you take to searching Google for info on something to make your files smaller.

There are a number of programs that can do it, one of which you've already mentioned.

OK now I shrunk it with dvd shrink, In the folder I created it has to files one audio and one video. With ImgBurn I selected both and it wouldn't burn it. here is what happenned

I 04:10:24 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 04:10:24 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 04:10:24 Total Physical Memory: 783,740 KB - Available: 213,496 KB

W 04:10:24 AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to verify accurately, please ensure it's disabled!

I 04:10:24 Initialising SPTI...

I 04:10:24 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 04:10:24 Found 2 DVD

You only need to choose the Root, which is 'Righteous Kill'...but if you are inclined the VIDEO_TS will do just fine as the AUDIO_TS should be empty.

I 04:17:26 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AM3) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

Get some decent media too...we suggest Verbatim.

I 04:17:26 Write Speed: 2.4x

Choose a speed supported by your media/burner/firmware combo....8-12x would be a safe bet.

I 04:32:27 Average Write Rate: 5,455 KB/s (3.9x) - Maximum Write Rate: 5,654 KB/s (4.1x)

The burn was successful, but....

E 05:26:13 Session 1, Track 1 is smaller on the disc than it is in the image file.

The disc couldn't be read back correctly by your burner....see media choice.

W 04:10:24 AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to verify accurately, please ensure it's disabled!

You might also want to look at the warnings.

You only need to choose the Root, which is 'Righteous Kill'...but if you are inclined the VIDEO_TS will do just fine as the AUDIO_TS should be empty.

I 04:17:26 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AM3) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

Choose a speed supported by your media/burner/firmware combo....8-12x would be a safe bet.

I 04:32:27 Average Write Rate: 5,455 KB/s (3.9x) - Maximum Write Rate: 5,654 KB/s (4.1x)

E 05:26:13 Session 1, Track 1 is smaller on the disc than it is in the image file.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.