more of the "Program Memory Area Update Failure" error!

nxpa76

ok first of all I have to admit I'm a newbie at this sort of things... I have always burned my videos with Nero or with ConvertXtoDVD and never had a problem... until a week ago when I bought a box of Maxell DVD+R and when the burning was "finished" I tried to play the movie on my pc or on my dvd player and nothing!! It wouldn't play.... I don't know why but I tried buying a Maxell DVD-R and then it worked... but I'm curious/worried about what's happening, and why now?

I made a search on this topic and most of it I don't understand it (sorry! :( but I have to be honest), somewhere I read that I should try to uncheck the option of Auto Retry. I did, and like someone else posted, a pop up appeared with three options: "cancel", "retry" and "continue", I also selected continue but, unlike that user, that didn't solved out my problem.

My device: Hitachi-LG DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4160B

My log:

I 19:40:33 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 19:40:33 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 19:40:33 Total Physical Memory: 2.086.392 KB - Available: 1.483.300 KB

I 19:40:34 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:40:34 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:40:34 Found 1 DVD

Hi and welcome to the forum, nxpa76! :)

There is a later firmware version for that burner. You now have ver A302. The latest is ver A306.

I 19:41:18 Destination Device: [0:1:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4160B A302 (D:) (ATA)

http://se.lgservice.com/index_b2c.jsp

Select 'Device Driver' then on the next page: DVD-ROM (Writer) and in subject fill in GSA-4160B

If you update the firmware:

No disc in the tray

Tray closed

Restart the computer after the update

The PMA error seems to happen only on +R media. So far I've only seen it happen on LG, Samsung and Lite-On writers.

Hi and welcome to the forum, nxpa76! :)

There is a later firmware version for that burner. You now have ver A302. The latest is ver A306.

I 19:41:18 Destination Device: [0:1:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4160B A302 (D:) (ATA)

http://se.lgservice.com/index_b2c.jsp

Select 'Device Driver' then on the next page: DVD-ROM (Writer) and in subject fill in GSA-4160B

If you update the firmware:

No disc in the tray

Tray closed

Restart the computer after the update

The PMA error seems to happen only on +R media. So far I've only seen it happen on LG, Samsung and Lite-On writers.

PROBLEM SOLVED NOW!!! Thank you so much for your precise and quick response!!! :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.