2nd drive not detected ...

TECK

I have 2 drives installed on my PC through IDE cables.

First is a CD burner with DVD read capabilities.

Second is a DVD burner.

ImgBurn does see only the DVD burner.

Sometimes, I want to burn a regular CD with the software... how do I enable in ImgBurn the first burner?

Thanks.

Edited by TECK

What log do you want me to post? The one you see when you start eh application?

Here it is:

I 23:49:23 ImgBurn Version 1.1.0.0 started!
I 23:49:23 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
I 23:49:23 Initialising SPTI...
I 23:49:23 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 23:49:23 Found 3 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD?RW!

I have 2 virtual drives, so it does find all devices.

Take a look at the pic, it finds only the DVD?RW drive...

post-2557-1140843898_thumb.png

Edited by TECK

Yes, this is a burning application.

Not much point displaying a DVDROM (which your other drive appears to be) in that drop down box is there.... after all, it's can't burn anything!

As you're saying it CAN burn disc (as it's a CD writer), it must not be returning the correct info for what it can or can't do.

Please can you show me the 'Capabilities' window (screenshot or something). You do that via a right click on that same box - when in 'Verify' mode - which should display both drives (well, all 4 actually)

And after that, press F8 and then restart the program and then save the log to a text file and attach it here please. It'll contain loads more debug information that I can look through.

I'll look into why your drive is only reporting it can 'read' things and not 'write' them.

Much appreciated :)

Sorry guys, I guess Dell pulled a fast one on me. They were supposed to send me a CD burner and a DVD burner into my new computer.

I guess they decided to send me a CD reader and a DVD burner.

The first drive is LG GDR8163B. That solves my problem, since this is not a CD burner ...

And I was presuming your application is faulty. :)

Anyway, I donated some money, just to thank you for your time.

Now, it's time to call Dell and complain ...

The first drive is LG GDR8163B. That solves my problem, since this is not a CD burner ...

LOL! That explains alot. :) Good to see that you?ve figured out what the problem was (and also for letting us know.) As you?re probably now aware, it?s always a good idea to include any information that might help when posting a query. Posting the model number would have been a dead giveaway. Eagle-eyed hindsight is always 20/20 though. :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.