Build Mixed mode CD (or Enhanced) possible?

Yesallright

Hello again,

from a quick search in the forums and the ImgBurn options, I think this is currently not possible, but I'll ask just in case. ;)

I'd like to create a "mixed mode CD", it's a single-session disc containg both data (in the 1st track) and audio tracks (following tracks), mostly used in older computer game systems like the Amiga CD32.

Not to be confused with the multi-session "enhanced-CD" - I'm referring to the "Data in Track 1" mode, on this nice link.

If not supported, are there any plans for it in the future? I'd really like to avoid Nero since it's the only app I know that can create this.

Thanks LUK!

Edited by Yesallright

Thanks, it worked! I got a bit into trouble with the file system restrictions. Is there a way for an application to report exactly what is applied on a CD; (level 1/2, ;1 Version Number etc.)

I wanted to recreate a ISO9660 disc (but filenames were not uppercase :wacko:) but I couldn't get it to work properly with ImgBurn's Build mode, after playing with the various restriction settings.

I finally succeeded, by using IsoBuster to extract the data Track01 (used "extract raw but convert to User Data", the "Extract User Data" method gave read errors), and then using your tip with ImgBurn and 'Create CD CUE File' to burn the extracted Track01 and the remaining audio tracks.... (which were extracted separately with EAC to avoid audio-rip problems, since I assumed creating an ISO file directly from this kind of mixed mode CD wouldn't guarantee an exact .ISO file, considering the heavy audio data amount on the disc - more than 90%).

Phew, that's it, sorry for the rant.

I'm going to abuse this a bit more... sorry! It seems that I can make a fully compliant/working CD but not an ISO file!

If I'm not mistaken, the ImgBurn CD Cue method, cannot export to ISO file (that would probably solve the issue), and ripping the working CD to ISO, leads to the vicious circle problem of audio ripping.

I tried to create the mixed mode CD with Nero, but I cannot make the resulting .nrg/.iso file to work, probably because of file/file system restriction issues I had with ImgBurn's Build mode, too.

It seems that only IsoBuster's extract mode doesn't "alter" the original files/file system in any way, but I can't make an 1:1 .iso file of these data and audio tracks. Also tried changing char. sets. :(

BTW, this CD is just ISO9660, has no-extension files, one 4-letter extension file, and everything is lower-case, including the 4-letter label...

edit: actually, I haven't tried the .nrg file directly, only converted it with "nrg2iso". Maybe there are some restrictions for the .iso files themselves, apart from only handling single-session (this is a single-session disc anyway).

Edited by Yesallright

• 4 years later...

You can't make a multi track/session disc an ISO, it's not an appropriate container format for such discs.

Hi :)

I have the same need: exporting to image file: 1 single BIN + CUE, which can contain multiple tracks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.