A Queue mode for building iso's

Jaydear

I think it would be useful to have a way of building multiple DVD iso's in a single session.

The main stumbling block as I see it would be naming them (because ImgBurn prompts for a name), but if the folder name or perhaps the DVD General Text field (e.g. easy to set in PgcEdit) was used as the basis that could be overcome.

Assumptions would be: One DVD per folder, all iso's to one destination.

At present, on the PC I'm using it takes about 3':30" to build a typical iso, which is fine, but if I'm going to do say, three or four, then I'm tied to the machine for the duration of all but the last one or I have to keep going back to check... you get the idea.

A Build Queue would allow one to get on with other things and leave the very competent ImgBurn to automate the process.

This question has been asked many times before by many people (including me :) ) but I agree with Lightning_UKs stand on this. Image building is not the primary function of this software. It's a burner.

(Personal opinion time)

That said, everything takes time. By that I mean that before you start your burning session, you need to build your images. Yes, it takes time but it's not that difficult. Large HDs are so cheap these days that it isn't funny. There's no reason they can't be dumped into a folder somewhere for a time that you're ready. Sure, it'd be nice to build multiple ISOs on the fly and then burn them but then what? How often would you actually use this function if it were implemented? It's not something you're going to be doing very often unless you're in a business requiring daily backups from multiple sources. If it's business, go out and buy the software you need. The problem with the "Internet Generation" is that we want everything NOW. Build your images, add them to the queue and be happy that the software is given to to you at no cost. BONUS: You get to converse with really great people willing to help you for nothing. ;)

I see your point and a bit more of the big picture.

I edit a lot of security footage and generate quite a few DVDs. I always check the finished sets of files in PgcEdit, then when I have a few to process I use IB to make ISOs which I do store for later burning.

Ah well, I guess I'll have to learn to use the so & so command line or change my workflow.

I do donate btw and I don't expect to get anything as competent as IB for free. LUK is a bloody legend in my book.

Thanks for replying.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.