Burning XBOX 360 Games : Requirements

Yo Yo

Hi Guys,

Previously I have used DVD Decrypter to BURN Dozens of PS2 Game's ISO on IMATION DVD+R 4.7 GB Discs without any problems. BUT

Now i am new to this XBOX 360. Recently purchased and it is MODDED (any games can work - copied & original games, PAL, NTSC, MULTI, whatever the hell it is, it will RUN for sure) :thumbup:

BUT - Now i need to know the requirements to BURN the Downloaded ISO Image of XBOX360 games.

1. I have TOSHIBA LAPTOP - ( Core 2 Duo (2.2Ghz) T7500 ) ( HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N ATA Device )

Is the above DVD Writer good enough ?

2. The ISO Images of Games vary from 2 GB to 7-8 GB files. But i have IMATION DVD+R 4.7 GB Discs so far with me.

Will IMATION DVD+R 4.7 GB Discs are good enough to BURN any 2 to 8 GB ISO due to some Compressed BURNING or something ?

I only have the company IMATION & SONY here in DUBAI, UAE. No other type of DISKS easily available. DL Discs are bit costly here at my place.

3. Is DVD Decryter good enough for the above task, or I definately gotta download ImgBurn? (Both looks pretty same, dont know if they are from same people) :unsure:

4. I bought copied games from my SHOP VENDOR from where i bought XBOX360, he charges me near $6 per game. He told me that You need special type of HARDWARE to BURN XBOX360 Games. And due to this FACT i bought several games from him already and wasted money if burning @ home is possible. :mellow:

5. Any other SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS to complete the above JOB of BURNING XBOX360 Games @ HOME SWEET HOME from my LAPTOP? HE HE !!!

Thanks in advance...

BTW i read several threads, but still wasnt clear enough on everything, so posted my own POINTS above.

1. I have TOSHIBA LAPTOP - ( Core 2 Duo (2.2Ghz) T7500 ) ( HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N ATA Device )

Is the above DVD Writer good enough ?

A burner is a burner. That said, a lot of laptop drives really suck. Only one way to find out, huh?

2. The ISO Images of Games vary from 2 GB to 7-8 GB files. But i have IMATION DVD+R 4.7 GB Discs so far with me.

Get rid of the Imation disks and spend a few dollars on Verbatim media. You'll be happy you did.

3. Is DVD Decryter good enough for the above task, or I definately gotta download ImgBurn? (Both looks pretty same, dont know if they are from same people) :unsure:

Lightning_UK is the author of both programs but DVD Decrypter died a sudden death almost 4 years ago. ImgBurn is alot more mature and has lots of other goodies as well.

4. I bought copied games from my SHOP VENDOR from where i bought XBOX360, he charges me near $6 per game. He told me that You need special type of HARDWARE to BURN XBOX360 Games. And due to this FACT i bought several games from him already and wasted money if burning @ home is possible. :mellow:

We don't discuss piracy here. Selling unlicensed copyrighted works makes your vendor the worst kind of parasite.

5. Any other SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS to complete the above JOB of BURNING XBOX360 Games @ HOME SWEET HOME from my LAPTOP? HE HE !!!

No. Burning is burning. All burning software does basically the same thing. It tells the drive what to do and how to do it. It's up to the drive and your media to do the job properly.

Okay its hard to get your SPECIDED DISKS because of overall costs (in SHIPPING to my HOME) will be GREATER than i can buy from my vendor. And its not available in DUBAI as said earlier.

All i wanted to know now, is 4.7 GB DISK DVD+R good enough to BURN XBOX360 6 to 8 GB IMAGES ? does IMGBURN program do some COMPRESSED BURNING or not ?

OR

Do i have to BUY your specified Disks at all cost (and will that be Verbatim DL or normal 4.7 GB Disk)

Thanks...

All i wanted to know now, is 4.7 GB DISK DVD+R good enough to BURN XBOX360 6 to 8 GB IMAGES ? does IMGBURN program do some COMPRESSED BURNING or not ?

You can't put 6 to 8GB images on a 4.7gb disc . You cant put a gallon in a pint pot. imgburn doesnt compress the source files in anyway shape or form. what goes in , is what comes out.

if your image is higher than 4.35GB , it will need dual layer 8.5gb discs, or DV9 discs.........back to verbatim's again

I dont think you can compress/shrink an xbox game anyway , only video

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.