Can someone tell me what kind of DVD-R IMGBurn will read?

ZF911

I got IMGBurn and want to burn an ISO.

I've put in Sony DVD-R discs Some DYNEX discs, none of them would be read by IMGBurn.

The only thing that would be read was a Sony CD-R. But it had 700MB, but I need over 1500.

Is it possible it's just my computer? Should I try loading it on another one?

If not, what kind of disc should I use? Is there something you need to do to make a DVD-R load right?

I've tried everything, putting the disc in after loading IMGBurn and vise-versa. I just want some fast help.

Edited by ZF911

Hi and welcome to the forum, ZF911! :)

Sure you have a DVD writer?

Yes, I've even looked up online how to tell if you do and if you go by those standards, my computer does have one.

My CD drive has:

Compact Disc Rewritable Ultra Speed, DVD R/RW, and RW DVD+ R DL on the front of it. I'm 99.9999% sure I have one.

DVD-ROMS, DVD+RW DL, and DVD-RAM seem to be the only main files it can't write. Everything else has a check next to it besides the HD and BD ones.

I know I sound stupid for asking, but what's the difference between a DVD-ROM and a DVD-R/RW?

Do you only have the 1 drive in your pc?

Load ImgBurn and bring up Read mode.

Then insert your disc and keep an eye on the status bar at the bottom of the main window.

Does it change? (it should do!)

Assuming it does, what messages did it cycle through and what did it end up on?

Ok, here's what happened last night:

My Dad's computer is the same exact as mine. They were both bought at the same time. They're pretty new. My dad put a disc in his comp and IMGBurn did read it. I then put it in mine, and it didn't. Our drives are the same too.

And yes it can play commercial DVDs.

ImgBurn doesn't really 'read' anything, your drive does the 'reading' of the disc. ImgBurn just tells it what to do with what it 'sees' on the disc. I believe if my drive could not read a disc when an identical machine with the same manufactured drive could, I would dump my drive and buy a new one, unless the machines are stiull under warranty, then I would have the place I bought it from make things right.

spinner

My dad put a disc in his comp and IMGBurn did read it. I then put it in mine, and it didn't. Our drives are the same too.

I asked my dad, and he said my drive worked fine.

Then please explain to me why:

1. You need help since you obviously have your own IT department.

2. Your drive doesn't read the disc? What's dads' opinion of that?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.