Any ideas with Liteon Bluray Burner

Darnun

Hi All,

Really hoping somebody can help me with a problem I am having with a new Liteon Bluray Burner.

Trying to burn a 360 .dvd file.

I am using Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL and IMG Burn and Clone CD. Issue happens in both.

When I point it to the .dvd file and ask it to write, it sits on "Writing Lead In" for ages and the Write Retries start going up (up to 21). If I try to cancel the system then becomes unresponsive and the drive becomes locked. After a while the error below appears.

If IMG Burn does quit the action and I manage to get the drive open, Clone CD then can start up but all the icons are greyed out, as though is can't see or get to a drive.

I have to manually reboot the system before I can do anything. If I then reflash the drive, with the latest firmware, it allolws to me to start again.

I tried burning a 700mb CDR and it worked flawlessly. As soon as I then pop the old DL DVD+R in and ask it to burn a .dvd file, it does the same again. It just won't write the lead in.!!! Tried with a number of different isos now.

Any idea if this could either be down to bad drive, bad iso's or could it be a windows operating system.? Very close to wiping it and putting on Vista.

post-16936-1235220983_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.