How to parse setting booktype to DVD-ROM

blutach

I have an LG 4163 that supports bitsetting but doesn't remember it after a reboot.

Is there a setting in IB to parse the fact that I want to set booktype to DVD-ROM with my ISO image?

Regards

Nope.

I hate doing drive specific stuff and unfortunately, booktype setting commands are different for every make of drive.

To do it like how Nero does it, I'd need a list of all drives / models etc and apply certain commands depending on the drive.

IMHO, that sucks as then it wont (always) work for future drives, OEM models etc.

Hopefully LG will get their act together and save the setting in a future firmware - or the t10 group of peeps will come up with a standard command for booktype setting - I know the Nero (Ahead) people are trying to get one pushed through.

... or the t10 group of peeps will come up with a standard command for booktype setting - I know the Nero (Ahead) people are trying to get one pushed through.

Very interesting! I hope this occurs and is eventually supported by all drive manufacturers. :thumbup:

ok I have a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1693S KS09 (ATA)

and to me the EEPROM is a new option which I guess I didn't notice in DVD Decrypter cuz I rarely use it. But EEPROM is suppose to remember it forever (until dvd burner driver newer firmware is installed) or just until it reboots.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.