Use of disc verification

leoliver

Hi Everyone,

Is the burned disc verification process more oriented to data DVD burns rather than video DVDs with .vob files?

The reason I ask this is because I have successfuly burned DVD video disc , and then the post-burn verification process tells me that verification fails due to bad sectors.

And yet often the same disc's , that failed verification will play flawlessly in a stand-alone DVD player. That has happened with both IMGBurn created video DVDs , and disc's burned with Nero. Which causes me too wonder if disc verification is a accurate measure of the quality of .vob files on a burned video DVD disc ?

I don't know about Ner0, but ImgBurn's verify does a byte level compare of the data read from the disc against the data from the source image/files. It's the most accurate type of comparison that can be done.

DVD players, on the other hand, simply skip sectors that can't be read, and usually the amount of lost data isn't enough to skip/freeze/drop-out the video stream. The thing is: you shouldn't be getting errors at all. If you do, it's most likely due to poor media quality and/or non-optimal burn speed/old firmware on the burner.

I don't know about Ner0, but ImgBurn's verify does a byte level compare of the data read from the disc against the data from the source image/files. It's the most accurate type of comparison that can be done.

DVD players, on the other hand, simply skip sectors that can't be read, and usually the amount of lost data isn't enough to skip/freeze/drop-out the video stream. The thing is: you shouldn't be getting errors at all. If you do, it's most likely due to poor media quality and/or non-optimal burn speed/old firmware on the burner.

Thanks for your reply. Too fast burn speed was probably the problem. One disc that failed verification was burned at the max (16x) , but normally I try to stick to 6x.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.