Another issue burning Xbox 360

Highlander

First if you have taken the time to read this then I will say thank you!! I have Image burn, Clone CD, and Xbox back up creator and casn not burn an Xbox 360 game. Now I had to replace my old self made computer with a new one (blew the processor) but I had been looking at the new HP touch IQ505 so I went the extra mile for the monster 22 in screen. Before with my old computer I rarely had issues burning a cd. Now to start with I was using memorex cds and that was fine in the past. I figured I would get the Verbatim DVD because of the issues I was having, Still no change. I am going to include a log file hopefully it may tell you what I am doing wrong. Now I have read looking for the solution for the last 24 hrs so I am not the guy to just post with out reading. If you have any advice I would appreciate it

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Thursday, 26 February 2009, 10:14:36

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 09:32:40 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 09:32:40 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 09:32:40 Total Physical Memory: 4,184,396 KB - Available: 1,666,888 KB

I 09:32:40 Initialising SPTI...

I 09:32:40 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 09:32:41 Found 1 DVD

I went in again and turned on verify disk but no difference. Now I have old burnt disks and they play. I have the verbatim disks from singapore I have tried Image burn, Cloce cd, and XBC all show up as unplayable disk. This has only happened sence I replaced computer

The booktype is shown in the Log window (that you should've left open! :P ) at the begin of the Verify process. Alternatively, look in the Information area: the booktype is shown under the Physical Information (Last Recorded) field.

I figured I would show the results of the verify disk hopefully it shows something to some one out there

I 06:43:24 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 06:43:24 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 06:43:24 Total Physical Memory: 4,184,396 KB - Available: 1,703,600 KB

I 06:43:24 Initialising SPTI...

I 06:43:24 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 06:43:26 Found 1 DVD

I 06:43:53 Source Media Type: DVD+R DL (Book Type: DVD-ROM) (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 3x, 4x)

The discs are booktyping at DVD-ROM.

Your media choice is crap.

Your drive doesn't recognize the actual speeds of the disc MID, slowest for these is 2.4X. If you are going to continue to use the Ritek's, look for a newer firmware.

Yes I used that disk simply to burn for this test to show what was going on. I did purchase verbatim disks and went through 5 of them with the same issue. At the $5 per disk I wanted to save it for when I had a good chance of making it work. So at this point I am thinking that teh drive is what the issue is am I right and should get a newdrive? If this is right what drive should I get? As this is a new computer I would probably get a drive and put in an external case. Thank you for your help guys!!!! it is appreciated especially by my kids

From what I can understand it's an internal lap top writer. Most of those lap top writers seems to be the pure crap.

If you are going for a new one - get an external USB writer or even better - get a good IDE writer and put it in an USB cabinet. Avoid rebadged writers.

Pioneer or Optiarc 720x is what I like.

:)

I asume your right as its an all in one setup the newer HP IQ touch you would figure for $1300 it would have good stuff in it and that is exactly what I plan on doing now I had a light on DVD burner and it worked ok. Thank you all for the help and posts I will get a new burner. and keep it posted here if it comes together

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I went and got a new Liteon DVD writer and it failed again I wanted to give it one more shot out here with some one looking over my shoulder. Here is a log of what happened and indeed it failed. Now it shows an error in there it is simply me making the program use the lite on and not the systems DVD writer any assistance would be greatly appreciated

I 15:39:56 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 15:39:56 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 15:39:56 Total Physical Memory: 4,184,396 KB - Available: 1,095,208 KB

I 15:39:56 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:39:56 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

E 15:39:59 CreateFile Failed! - Device: '\\.\CdRom0' (E:)

E 15:39:59 Reason: Access is denied.

W 15:39:59 Errors were encountered when trying to access a drive.

W 15:39:59 This drive will not be visible in the program.

I 15:39:59 Found 1 DVD

I dont think so all the files are there I dont know what the issue may be and the older back up games that I have work just fine so I am at a loss my old computer was fine now I had bad disks here and there. But I dont know why this new computer I cant get a game to work right!!

I 16:22:58 Source Media Type: DVD+R DL (Book Type: DVD+R DL) (Disc ID: MKM-001-00) (Speeds: 2.4x)

Wrong booktype: it should be DVD-ROM. Use the Lite-On tab of the Book Type dialog to manually set the booktype of DVD+R DL media to DVD-ROM. Use the EEPROM option if you want to make this change permanent.

• 6 months later...

I just wanted to follow up here after all the issues out there it ended up this I had my 360 flashed about 1.5 yrs ago now and the firmware on the dvd rom needed to be upgraded. now even after I had to replace the dvd rom as it would read origional disks but not back up. The hitachi drive I had was only able to update to v1.51 (Iextreeme) the newest version was 1.61 after installing this there has been no issue at all. So it was not image burn or the dvd writer it was the DVD reader and even though it would read regular DVDs it was not able to read back ups. Just hoping that this will help some one

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.