failed to set L0 data zone capacity

bobrap

I'm getting this error message (failed to set L0 data zone capacity). The reason I receive is "Power On, Reset, or Bus Device Reset Occurred". I'm using Verbatim 2.4x burning on a Lite-on LH-20A1p in Vista. Any help?

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Thursday, 05 March 2009, 09:50:18

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 09:48:08 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 09:48:08 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 09:48:08 Total Physical Memory: 3,405,392 KB - Available: 2,601,324 KB

I 09:48:08 Initialising SPTI...

I 09:48:08 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 09:48:25 Found 1 DVD

I 09:49:59 Destination Device: [1:2:0] LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1P KL0P (H:) (RAID)

That's probably why. Optical drives do not like being on controllers that are in 'RAID' mode.

I'll move it and try again. Thanks!

With ImgBurn in Write mode, what does it say at the top of the Information field? If there's a disc in the drive you can easily copy that text. By the way, which motherboard do you have?

Yesterday there was another one with the same issue - PATA that shows up as RAID. I went through that manual and also yours - and the only RAID that is in it is for the SATA connectors. :wacko:

Upon looking at the drivers it seems to be a JMicron 36x controller, so install this driver and see if it works. Also make sure you have the latest BIOS version.

By the way, the manual says there's an option 'Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode' in Integrated Peripherals where you can set the JMicron controller to IDE mode, which is the most compatible mode for optical devices.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.