Possible RAM-Leak with 1.2.0.0?

????

what is a RAM leak anyway?

As 3000 said...or... it could be what a RAM has to do after staying up all night drinking beer...... ;)

Spinner........ =))=)) I had a ram leak once............... actually twice.......... now I have two kids........ :lol::lol:

I noticed the problem too. Maybe it's a windows problem, but I did not have this problem with imgburn 1.1.0.0. So why suddenly it eats all available RAM? Didn't imgburn work with a buffer before, because if Windows tries to store a 4GB file in RAM, that would be just plain silly.

I know some programs use a buffer to process the image, and take for example max 128 MB of the available memory. I am not a programmer, but is this something that can be implemented in the next version perhaps? I always loved imgburn so far, but the caching problem forces me to use other applications at the moment.

Windows always caches files as programs read them.

Recently however, they stopped doing it if you read in 64kb chunks at a time - size may also be a factor, I don't know, I didn't code windows ;)

Because I switched to reading 256KB at a time - in an attempt to lessen the workload - I made windows think it wanted to cache the files again.

It's a shame I didn't notice the ram going on my pc.... but then like I said earlier, I have 2gb and never burn off my C: drive.

It has been fixed for a couple of days now, just doing some other little bits and then I'll release 1.2.1.0.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.