Imgburn says it burned succesfully, but not verified and does not work.

Danzo

Just wanted to say thank you for the great burning app. I have been using it for almost 1 year now and truly enjoy it. I am now trying to burn DL's and am having a very hard time figuring this out. Scenario: I have been trying to backup a 360 game and I keep getting a "Successful burn" however it cannot verify the disc. The other issue is that the PC that burned it cannot see it and neither can the 360. The drive is a Samsung SH-S203B SB04 firmware update I am using Memorex DVD+R DL up to 8x disks. I have tried many different speeds and no matter what it does not make any difference. It just says it burned fine but then cannot verify. Attached is the log from the last burn. I suspect my drive or media to be the culprit. I can burn regular DVD's all day with no problems its just these DL's. What other drive or media would you suggest?

I 17:56:02 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 17:56:02 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 17:56:02 Total Physical Memory: 3,405,588 KB - Available: 2,013,252 KB

I 17:56:02 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:56:02 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:56:02 Found 3 DVD-ROMs, 1 DVD

Okay I took your word for it and Voilla the Verbatim worked just like you said. (Set to burn at 2.4x) I had to drive almost 30 miles to get them but they worked. Do you know if TDK DVDR+ will work also? Who are they made by?

Thanks,

Dan

All other brands besides Verbatim may use several different dyes so the only way to know is by buying a few and trying to burn them. One thing is for certain: with Verbatim you'll get much better burns than with any other brand/dye.

By the way, I also have a Samsung SH-S203B burner and I get better quality burns on Verbatim 2.4x (MKM-001-00 dye) media by burning them at 4x.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.