Xbox 360 Image trouble

Northwoods

Hi; first I want o apologize if I'm asking something previously already posted but I've scoured through here and havn't found anything I can use.

I'm very new at this. I would like to back up some of my Xbox games and it's doesn't seem to be working out. I've read a lot of info here and on other sites and it's beginning to make my head spin. First I want to say that I have not moded anything. I read somewhere that moding is not necessary anymore expecially if you use imgburn. If someone could clarify that I would appreciate it.

I copy the disk onto my HDD using IMGburn. selecting read and a destination. The files were copied in literally seconds, probably 5 sec.

In the folder where I saved the image are two files, one .ISO and one .MDS

The .MDS file is 8.21 kb and when I take a look in it there is no info I can view.

The .ISO file is 5.32 MB and when I opened it I found 2 folders (AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS). The audio folder is empty and the video folder (4.6MB) contains .BUP, .IFO, & .VOB FILES. I see no .DVD files and I'm kinda confused from info I've read here but I do have an .ISO and .MPS. Though the size appears to me too small to be worth burning but, I tried anyway.

The burn views the same way and of course does not play in the Xbox at all. It only took seconds to burn, and a total of about 11sec. there's no way so much info could be burned so quickly. I tried other games as well and it has done the same thing. I do get the video that states to place the disc into an Xbox 360 when played on my PC. When I went to burn I received 3 different messages that I had to answer yes or no. They were:

Current media: DVD+R DL

This image doesn't need to go on a double layer disc, it will fit on a DVD+_R/RW just fine.

Would you like to contineue anyway? I chose YES.

This image is small enough to fit onto the first layer of the current disc.

Images are normally burnt with roughly equal amounts of data written to each layer.

Would you prefer I sway from the "norm" and just stick to using the first layer? I chose NO.

This image is smaller than the media specified

Read compatibility LBA.

Image sectors: 2736

Read compatibility LBA: 265696

Do you want to write it to multiple layers anyway? I chose YES

After that I had to choose the layer break (I have no idea exactly what that is and there were 3 different ones to choose. I chose the first which had some question marks in some columns. Sorry I can't do better on that info.

If it's helpful I'm posting the log file and it consists of the copy and the burn. I'm aware of the Disc preference that you have stated here in the past and I've ordered the Verbatim discs so I'm only waiting for them to come but, this doesn't appear to be a disc issue to me. so what can it be? HELP!!!!!

I 11:41:06 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 11:41:06 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 11:41:06 Total Physical Memory: 2,096,536 KB - Available: 1,291,392 KB

I 11:41:06 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:41:06 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:41:07 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW and 1 DVD

ImgBurn can't copy protected discs, which xbox360 games are.

OK; I got that, no on the protected files. CopythatDVD no, though I did see that web site when I was searching. Are you aware of any software that will decode the protection on these disks. Since I'm only backing up what I have in my Library It's legal depending on which two laws we're looking at. Luckily the one that makes it legal supercedes the other.

I've seen people talk about a program called DVD decrypter. Is that any good. I have AnyDVD but that doesn't seem to be doing the trick or I'm just using it wrong. Well, I'm sure it's possible to burn especially since it's in some of the discusson threads here, I guess I just have to be able to make an image file first.

I know I'm a novice but a little bit of help with some direction would be nice I'm not here to be a pain but to learn from you guys. :matrix:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.