Log File Naming & Default Folder

pfeerick

This is my first post to this forum - so please be nice to me...

Would it be possible for ImgBurn to use the name of the ISO file being written when saving the log file upon exiting? Or even saving a log with the same name as the ISO file being written each burn is completed (saved to the default directory set in the option)?

ImgBurn is an excellent program, have used it since before it existed :D

Don't know how I lived without it...

Obviously you're aware that ImgBurn doesn't just have to burn 1 ISO when it's open. I can't specifically save just the part of the log that applies to 1 image being burnt, because it's not stored like that internally - to me, it's just one long list.

So, I'm sorry but I cannot do this.

Thanks for the quick reply LIGHTNING UK!, and point taken. :thumbup:

The other part of the question is then can you make it so the program remembers where the log file was last manually saved to? i.e. last saved to c:\dvd iso's, so when clicking on File -> Save As..., ImgBurn defaults to saving the log in c:\dvd iso's?

Yeah I could do a 'MRU' type thing for the log folder.

As for appending, it is of course possible, but would eventually slow down the saving process due to the way the logs are handled.

I'd basically have to load up the entire existing file into memory, add the new log lines onto the end of it and then save it back down to the hdd as a file.

I really don't want to have to load up + resave a 100mb text file!

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd better comment on this thread, as this comment doesn't belong under imgburn -> imgburn bugs -> icons :)

In regards to the log history, I said that it would be good if it returned to the last folder opened, and the log name defaulted to imgburn.log. On second thoughts, is it possible for it to default to either a) the volume label of the currently open image, or B) the filename of the currently open image (minus ext) - whichever option is easier.

Rgds,

pfeerick

• 5 months later...
This is my first post to this forum - so please be nice to me...

Would it be possible for ImgBurn to use the name of the ISO file being written when saving the log file upon exiting? Or even saving a log with the same name as the ISO file being written each burn is completed (saved to the default directory set in the option)?

ImgBurn is an excellent program, have used it since before it existed :D

Don't know how I lived without it...

I am new to ImgBurn and find myself buring the midnight oil. Running v2.1.0.0

Running 2000 Professional and have the setting to append the logfile. Mine is located as follows:

C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.log

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.