ISO to DVD

AJA

Just want to say thank you to all who answered my last post. I really appreicate your help.

I have done much research on the internet concerning the making of DVDs. It seems the more I learn, the more confused I get. What I really need is for someone to tell me the most efficient and least time consuming method of going from an ISO of a movie, to a finished DVD. Please keep in mind that I have a region 1 DVD player which means I have to set the disk to region free, and possibly change the format from PAL to NTSC since region 1 players, from what I understand, cannot play PAL disks.

If someone could give me the proper steps to do this, I would very much appreciate it. I know I am asking a lot, but hopefully someone on this group will take the time to help.

Thank you again

Tony

AJA;

Welcome to the board.

After you have used whatever software and created your ISO on your HDD you have two basic choices:

1. Use DVDShrink and render the file to a workable DVD5 size; and then burn the compressed file with ImgBurn to a disc.

2. If you prefer not to use DVD5's, use ImgBurn to copy your ISO to a DVD-DL disc.

3. Playing with PAL to NTSC is really a difficult endeavor and I would recommend that you instead invest a few bucks in a new player that supports both formats rather than go through a process that yields a poor quality backup.

:thumbup:

What I really need is for someone to tell me the most efficient and least time consuming method of going from an ISO of a movie, to a finished DVD.

I?m curious as to how you managed to create an ISO without knowing why you created it or what to do with it. Unless, of course, it came from one of the peer-to-peer networks.

Thank you spinningwheel. You have been most helpful.

To Shamus: The ISO file was given to me by a friend who asked me to reconstitute it into a movie. This led me to do the research I mentioned, and attempt to make a playable movie.

Thank you to both.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.