Create image MD5 file in Build mode

Dethroner

It would be nice to have an option for the Build mode to create an MD5 checksum file for the built image.

I store some images on my hard drive and use the MD5 checksum files to check the image integrity.

ImgBurn calculates the md5 anyway, so I suppose it's easy to write it into a file located alongside with the image. It is quite annoying to create the MD5 file manually and copy/paste the checksum from the ImgBurn log.

Since this is my first post here, I feel obligatory to thank LUK! and the beta team for this excellent software tool.

Thanks for your effort, and please keep it the way it is: simple and small yet powerful!

Because you don't have the 'Calculate MD5' option enabled on the General tab (it's disabled by default).

If it's not calculating the value in the first place, it can't then write out the md5 file ;)

btw, not being someone that really uses MD5's, I have no idea on the actual file format you're supposed to use. I just guessed quickly based on output from IsoBuster.

It also won't work with split files... again, this is because I have no real idea on how the MD5 files work and what goes into them.

Because you don't have the 'Calculate MD5' option enabled on the General tab (it's disabled by default).

If it's not calculating the value in the first place, it can't then write out the md5 file ;)

I understand, thanks.

Edited by sas2000

btw, not being someone that really uses MD5's, I have no idea on the actual file format you're supposed to use. I just guessed quickly based on output from IsoBuster.

It also won't work with split files... again, this is because I have no real idea on how the MD5 files work and what goes into them.

The format is very simple:

<md5 checksum><space>*<filename>

when a single md5 file containing checksums for multiple files, each checksum occupies a separate row:

fe9359bbc059f0e5a925cbef93b8c3b7 *SomeImage.iso
4f712bc9731169090523d956eed2df62 *SomeImage.mds

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.