Can't change to Drive (EEPROM!) on my DVD burner

leoliver

Hi Everyone,

I have the latest ImgBurn version installed on my Win XP Pro SP3 computer. My DVD burner is a USB connected :

" Drive OEM:Lite-On

Drive ID String:SONY DVD RW DRU-720A_JY08 "

And for every DVD write I have to manually change the book-type to DVD_ROM . When I attempt to permanently change the book type to DVD_Rom , by selecting "Drive (EEPROM!)" , I receive this error message :

" unknown (failed) , Reason: No additional sense information .

And when I do manually change the book type , it seems to revert back to normal before my next DVD burn. Which causes my burned DVDs to be the DVD+R book type when I auto use ImgBurn with DVD Fab.

I have registered my DVD burner in the Advance settings , with Smart Burn enabled . But I would like some feedback on why ImgBurn won't allow me permanently change the book type to DVD_ROM when I burn DVDs with my SONY DVD RW DRU-720A_JY08 .

Thanks!

Try to use only this in the advanced setting string.

SONY DVD RW DRU-720A

I changed this in the "advanced settings" , to SONY DVD RW DRU-720A and it is displayed there and also in the "destination " selection menu. But in the "device" window it still displays SONY DVD RW DRU-720A JY08 .

I upgraded to version 2.4.3.0 , and tried to burn to a dual layer disc and the burn failed. Since that is a another issue I'll post a separate thread for that issue.

But the Destination Device address was for " I 12:13:23 Destination Device: [0:0:0] SONY DVD RW DRU-720A JY08 (F:) (USB) " on the failed burn , and the failure was for this reason "W 12:27:49 Failed to Write Sectors 992640 - 992671 - Reason: Invalid Address For Write " .

I'm wondering if the difference between the drive description in the advanced setting " SONY DVD RW DRU-720A" , and the drive description in the device window " SONY DVD RW DRU-720A JY08" could have caused this "Invalid Address For Write " error.

Looking at your posted log, it seems you haven't got it right in that function.

In section 4.2.12.2 Advanced in this guide

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=6392

there is how it should be done.

When it's done you should see some more rows in the log, like these ones:

I 22:23:29 Book Type Setting: DVD-ROM

I 22:23:29 Advanced Settings - Force HT: No, Online HT: No, OverSpeed: No, SmartBurn: Yes

I 12:11:46 ImgBurn Version 2.4.3.0 started!

I 12:11:46 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 12:11:46 Total Physical Memory: 523,268 KB - Available: 363,188 KB

I 12:11:46 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:11:46 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:11:46 Found 1 CD-RW, 2 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.