Improved device-status display

Falcon

The one thing I find lacking in ImgBurn is a more "coherent" (readable, rather) display of information about the drive, etc. Half the time I have no idea what in the name of holy shit it's telling me. Then the other half of the time I know I want some information about the disc (like its supported write speeds), I can't find it. Now I'm just reduced to using that display to see if the drive detected a disc...

I think the device-info-display could use an overhaul... static fields for important information like disc ID, supported speeds, total sectors, closed/open session... and perhaps a reduced-size "full information dump" display.

Perhaps on the wishlist for next year's release? :thumbup:

Why would you want less information? Just because you might be able to understand the data, don't lumber everyone else in with you. We like the comprehensive data that ImgBurn gives us.

Regards

Less? I didn't say less, I just said more organized... e.g. display the most important information in a clear manner instead of lumped up into one big, confusing text field. Sure, I could spend lots of time reading through that blob of text looking for the information I'm looking for, but it'd be much more functional to have it placed in a predetermined location on the page. For example, the media type between CDs and DVDs tends to "float" around that output text, and I sometimes don't even know if what I'm reading is the media type or some other piece of odd information. Seriously, for all intents and purposes I don't need to read about sectors, time, TOC, ATIP... I just want to see media class, descriptor, size, label (if written), supported write speeds, maybe a few other things. Those don't vary from disc to disc and could easily be placed in a clear location (in neat little labels) in the Device tab, while dumping the rest of the information perhaps in a text-box below that.

I mean, I'm a techie. If I'm here saying this... how many other people are thinking the same thing but just not saying it...?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.