Just started using Imgburn again

techman

I 16:57:27 Destination Device: [3:1:0] TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223Q SB03 (X:) (Fibre)

I 16:57:27 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: MCC-004-00) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x, 18x, 20x)

I 16:57:27 Write Speed: 12x

I 17:11:55 Average Write Rate: 5,563 KB/s (4.0x) - Maximum Write Rate: 8,377 KB/s (6.0x)

That's strange: even though you've selected 12x the burner only reached 6x. Do you have Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools installed? Have you installed the latest drivers for your motherboard's chipset? You should also check if you have the latest BIOS available for your motherboard model.

I have Alcohol 52% for mounting images

The Memorex media is apparently very iffy where a lot of burns have problems at the beginning of the burn and maybe the end. They having the same MID as my nice Verbatim media recently bought but of course the Verbatim media burns max speed no problem.

Motherboard chipset has latest drivers and BIOS. I will try this week to get replacements for the 250 I have left and update info on that later. Thank for all the help from Lightening U.K mmalves and others.

I use Alcohol 52% FE strictly for is mounting of the many different image files out there It handle them all well for me. I dont need any ripping functions. Also I use UltraISO as my building and converting image files. I used to see problems with SPTD driver but I find the newer versions seem to be much more stable on my systems. Do you know of a thread that has good info the SPTD issues your referring to?

• 4 weeks later...

Well I thought I post this follow-up on the 300 new Memorex replacement media I received the other day. The new 50pk packaging gave me hope that these wouldn't be the same media with Disc ID: MCC-004-00 I had so much trouble with. The new media are Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00. So far with 10 burns not one problem using max speed setting with my setup and I am at the moment completely happy with them. I also attaching a picture of the packaging as I am not sure what currently being sold in the stores so you can compare. Thank again for all the help. :)

post-12718-1241971369_thumb.jpg

Edited by techman

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.