just switched from dvd decrypter, having same problems, can someone help

chathaway417

Hi,

I just switched to imgburn from dvd decrypter......all the info I saw said that was the answer, but still having the same problems. I am using Verbatim dvd+r 4.7gb 16x 120 min discs in the 100 pack spindle and never had a problem. Now all of a sudden I get the same error messages on the last 7 discs I pulled off the spindle. I am using dvd shrink 3.2 then burn with dvd decrypter (now imgburn) and have not had any problems until now. I am burning movies and set my write speed at 8x. Any suggestions for someone who is not the most computer savvy? Thanks! Log from imgburn is below:

I 09:43:03 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 09:43:03 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 09:43:03 Total Physical Memory: 1,037,824 KB - Available: 215,560 KB

I 09:43:03 Initialising SPTI...

I 09:43:03 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 09:43:03 Found 1 DVD

Try burning at 4x, and if that doesn't work use a lens cleaning disc on your drive.

Tried that and got this error:

I/O Error!

Device: [0:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T10N PG02 (E:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02

Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 02 20 00 00 20 00

Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors: 544-575

Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 10 35 2D 03 0E 0C 00 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: Write Error

Have you tried with a brand new blank disc? I'm asking because it errored out at exactly the same sectors as before. You really should use a lens cleaning disc on that drive to rule out dirty lens.

Have you tried with a brand new blank disc? I'm asking because it errored out at exactly the same sectors as before. You really should use a lens cleaning disc on that drive to rule out dirty lens.

Used a lens cleaning disc and new disc 3 times with same result, went to store and bought dvd-r disc, put it in and seems to be working.........................i don't get it, could i have had 10 bad discs in a row or is there some setting that somehow got changed or is my burner going bad or............................????

I had the same problem with a Verbatim spindle. I emailed their local support and they asked me to send in the remaining discs. Few days later I got a new spindle with working discs, some merchandise presents and a letter that acknowledged a production error.

Really nice support, at least here in Germany.

Due to their extremely high price lately (over 50% more than what I buy, memorex) I don't buy them any more though. So far I have been very pleased with the Memorex 16x (Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00) especially on my new BE06LU10.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.