ImgBurn for Sale?

joncky

I bought a backup software few days ago for 30$, it turned out the so-called software was imgburn.

Yes this website is actually selling Imgburn, which I find outrageous and illegal.

The owner is also unwilling to refund my order.

I would like to get in touch with the owner of ImgBurn about this issue. His e-mail address would be greatly appreciated

It's not us that are doing it. You've been ripped off, sadly, but not by us.

ImgBurn has, is, and always will be freeware. A simple google search would have told you that.

And can you imagine how a product, which lives by its donations only would be able to initiate legal action? C'mon. It's not our fault you've been ripped off.

Regards

It's not us that are doing it. You've been ripped off, sadly, but not by us.

ImgBurn has, is, and always will be freeware. A simple google search would have told you that.

And can you imagine how a product, which lives by its donations only would be able to initiate legal action? C'mon. It's not our fault you've been ripped off.

Regards

You missed my point, I completely understand and comprehend that you had nothing to do with this. It's my fault for not doing my research and spending money. I don't care about the 30$, but I'm pissed that this site is ripping people off, and profitting from your hard work.

However, you can bring the site down by simply filing a DMCA complaint and sending it to the payment processor that this site is using - Clickbank. The Payment processor will stop letting this site receiving payments and ripping people off after the DMCA complaint is received, I have personally talked to a Clickbank employee and I was told that in cases like this a DMCA complaint needs to be filed, and after they get it, they will shut down the site immediately.

So you don't need to pay any money for legal fees or anything like that, simply follow the instructions provided at:

http://www.clickbank.com/dmca.html

File the DMCA complaint (it's free of charge to do this), and they will shut the site down. I would've done this myself, however only the owners of the software (imgburn) can file a DMCA Complaint since they own the software.

Since I'm a webmaster myself, I know for sure that a DMCA complaint will get this site shut down.

Would some of the owners of Imgburn be able to follow the instructions at: http://www.clickbank.com/dmca.html and file the DMCA

Edited by joncky

There's only one owner of ImgBurn and he will respond accordingly.

It's ironic that the bloody DMCA will be needed to shut this fellow down - after all the roadblocks the DMCA puts in people's way and its misuse by the bastards at the MPAA.

Regards

There's only one owner of ImgBurn and he will respond accordingly.

It's ironic that the bloody DMCA will be needed to shut this fellow down - after all the roadblocks the DMCA puts in people's way and its misuse by the bastards at the MPAA.

Regards

Yes, the DMCA is imperfect, luckily, it will do the job for shutting down the site that is selling ImgBurn, it was confirmed to me by Clickbank.

We'll just have to wait for an ImgBurn representative to file and send out the DMCA complaint, and see what happens.

Or this could be a slick way of getting contact information for someone who's perpetuating the pirating business. Better leave that can of worms unopened!

I'm all for backing up software you own as I have kids (who beat the hell out of DVDs). I'm not paying $5+ to get a DVD resurfaced 'cause my 18 month old took a toy to a disc and now it won't play. Rock on IMGBurn peeps :)

Or this could be a slick way of getting contact information for someone who's perpetuating the pirating business. Better leave that can of worms unopened!

No, enough of the conspiracy theories. The site is ripping people off, after a extensive search on the internet, I noticed that there are forum threads about the product on various forums, in which there are many unsatisfied customers saying that the product is a scam.

Something has to be done about this, I did my homework and provided a solution of what needs to be done in order for the site to be shut down. We'll just have to wait for the ImgBurn owners to take action.

@joncky

LUK! is diligent - he reads every thread on this forum and replies if he feels he wants to.

He may be able to stop the particular site you refer to from ripping people off, but what's to say that 3 (or 30) more like it won't spring up tomorrow?

Anyway, if he wishes to, he'll respond to you.

Regards

@joncky

LUK! is diligent - he reads every thread on this forum and replies if he feels he wants to.

He may be able to stop the particular site you refer to from ripping people off, but what's to say that 3 (or 30) more like it won't spring up tomorrow?

Anyway, if he wishes to, he'll respond to you.

Regards

I totally understand, I didn't know that there were many sites doing it, I thought it was only this one, PM me if you want the name of it.

The good thing about doing something against these sites is, if you take action against them, and shut them down, they will be discouraged from selling imgburn in the future because there will be the risk of getting shut down again.

They'll think 'Oh, I'm not gonna sell ImgBurn again, because they might take action against me and shut me down, I'm gonna look for something else to sell'.

And I'm not talking about taking legal action which is very costly, I'm talking about filing a simple DMCA complaint which takes 10 minutes to complete and it's free, so it's not like you'd have to do much work.

However, it's your call whether you'll take action or not.

BTW, Who is LUK! ?

Wow... that place are full of scum(or scam? whatever) they even help each other to fooling people

Don't mention in your page that we have to read the video guide or the text guide to make it work... customers will think like there's a lot work to do before buyin and some lazy people like me won't buy it, just skip that line at all from your page and put some another line there... like its easy to use, one step etc. etc.

Edited by Vermillion

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.