DVD Space / Capacity Issues

Al G

I am trying to burn a copy of a movie but I get an error message -

There doesn't appear to be enough space on the disc to burn this image.

Image Size: 4,521,840 Sectors (8,831 MB)

Disc Size: 2,295,104 Sectors (4,482 MB)

Would you like to continue anyway? Yes or No

Here's the thread:

I 11:34:18 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 11:34:18 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 11:34:18 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,596 KB - Available: 1,500,784 KB

W 11:34:18 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 11:34:18 Drive N:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 11:34:18 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:34:18 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:34:18 Found 1 DVD

I 11:36:22 Image Size: 9,260,728,320 bytes

I 11:36:22 Image Sectors: 4,521,840

Is there a way to compress the movie to fit on one DVD, or how do I split it into 2 DVD's? HELP?!

Just FYI, your image even exceeds the DVD-9 (aka dual layer disc) size, so the only way to burn it without re-authoring/modifying would be to use a Blu-ray media (since you have a Blu-ray drive in your system anyway). If you still want to go with the compression method, then you should try some re-authoring software, e.g. CloneDVD2. However, there is a plenty of similar apps available, google for them, see what fits your needs best.

Never heard of 'Google' ?!

Lighting King, I was under the impression that this is what these support forums were for - to ask questions of those more knowledgeable or experienced with either the software or technology. If your reply is simply to refer me to Google, I would highly recommend you reserve from answering any posts on this website. AH

I 11:36:22 Image Size: 9,260,728,320 bytes

Is there a way to compress the movie to fit on one DVD, or how do I split it into 2 DVD's? HELP?!

Just FYI, your image even exceeds the DVD-9 (aka dual layer disc) size, so the only way to burn it without re-authoring/modifying would be to use a Blu-ray media (since you have a Blu-ray drive in your system anyway). If you still want to go with the compression method, then you should try some re-authoring software, e.g. CloneDVD2. However, there is a plenty of similar apps available, google for them, see what fits your needs best.

Thanks eraz0r. I have CloneDVD2 and yes, I can burn it to one DVD, but when I play the movie on either a laptop or a DVD buyer it pauses throughout the entire movie. So far, when I had used Imgburn and burned it at 8X speed I was having great luck with how the movie played back. This was the 1st time I encountered the movie size being too big to fit on one DVD. Thanks - AG

Thanks eraz0r. I have CloneDVD2 and yes, I can burn it to one DVD, but when I play the movie on either a laptop or a DVD buyer it pauses throughout the entire movie. So far, when I had used Imgburn and burned it at 8X speed I was having great luck with how the movie played back. This was the 1st time I encountered the movie size being too big to fit on one DVD. Thanks - AG

I don't get it. How were you able to burn almost a 9GB image onto a DVD? Was it with re-authoring or not?

ALL Retail DVD's are pretty much DVD9 (dual layers)

you got 2 choices

#1- Use a DVD9 empty media and then burn your movie

#2- Use a DVD5 empty media and use DVDShrink to shrink your DVD9 into a DVD5 (single layer) then burn it

Edited by eSkRo

ALL Retail DVD's are pretty much DVD9 (dual layers)

you got 2 choices

#1- Use a DVD9 empty media and then burn your movie

Ah, I don't think the first option is doable for him. Check the log:

11:36:22 Image Size: 9,260,728,320 bytes

The image won't fit into DVD9.

Never heard of 'Google' ?!

Lighting King, I was under the impression that this is what these support forums were for - to ask questions of those more knowledgeable or experienced with either the software or technology. If your reply is simply to refer me to Google, I would highly recommend you reserve from answering any posts on this website. AH

=))=))=))...Now that is some of the funniest shit I've read here in a while.

A complete asshole reads an answer from the :worthy: Boss :worthy: and chastises him for his answer...then two other users get into a discussion about what to do to answer the question correctly, when a simple link like this would help him to LEARN about what he wants to do. <_<

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.