How to make DVD-ROM?

gordon451

G'day all. I'm using ImgBurn 2.4.2.0 on W2K Pro SP4, with a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-115D 1.13 (F:) (ATAPI) onto DVD+R (Disc ID: MCC-004-00).

I want to copy some folders onto the DVD to make a DVD-ROM, that looks like a floppy disk or removeable drive.

So far, all I can do without painfully listing every single file is to drage a folder into the Build window which then gives me an ISO, which makes an expensive coaster.

I have tried to search this forum, but since the search engine won't accept terms of less than four characters I have found nothing useful.

How do I go about making these backups? (Without getting some other software...)

Gordon.

To set DVD-ROM on a pioneer drive you will need to modify the firmware for the Pioneer drive and single layer +R (if dual layer +r it AUTO sets to DVD-ROM)

However (your question is more likely to revolve around) you are wanting to treat the disc like DVD-RAM and ImgBurn does not support multi session.

Usb pens are very cheap now so either use DVD-RAM or a memory card/usb flash pen etc

G'day all. I'm using ImgBurn 2.4.2.0 on W2K Pro SP4, with a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-115D 1.13 (F:) (ATAPI) onto DVD+R (Disc ID: MCC-004-00).

I want to copy some folders onto the DVD to make a DVD-ROM, that looks like a floppy disk or removeable drive.

So far, all I can do without painfully listing every single file is to drage a folder into the Build window which then gives me an ISO, which makes an expensive coaster.

I have tried to search this forum, but since the search engine won't accept terms of less than four characters I have found nothing useful.

How do I go about making these backups? (Without getting some other software...)

Gordon.

Not sure, but I think you need to switch to device output, instead of image file. Upgrading to the latest version of ImgBurn is recommended.

Sorry 'bout the delay -- work interfered :(

@blutach - I'm not a great upgrader. If something works for me, then that version stays. Only if I find an upgrade fixes a broken or missing functionality...

OK, I worked out that ImgBurn doesn't support an "archive" function. It's great for making DVDs of movies etc, but that's not what I needed.

Problem solved: downloaded Burnaware Free, 3 clicks and I have an archive :) Small downside, it doesn't give me the disk tech-info. But I have ImgBurn :whistling:

Gordon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.