Philips DVD+R DL Dual Layer $35 for 50-pack

laserfan

At Fry's retail stores, though this price is not shown on their website here.

I know we all worship at the throne of Verbatim when it comes to DL discs, but I wonder if anyone here has tried these discs, or maybe knows who the OEM for them is, and whether they're worth considering?

You get what you pay for.
Not helpful. Non-responsive. Anyone else here that actually knows anything about these?

Sure.

You get what you pay for.

Now, read this and stop arguing.

Regards

I know we all worship at the throne of Verbatim when it comes to DL discs, but I wonder if anyone here has tried these discs, or maybe knows who the OEM for them is, and whether they're worth considering?

Buy 1,000 and let us know, thanks.

This is just for INFO purposes.

You asked who is the real manufacturer.

It's CMC Magnetics corporation (media ID is usually CMC XXX-XXX-XX) not usually considered very highly :(

CMC is certified by Philips.

Here is a link to the CMC/Philips discs:

http://www.cmcdisc.com/DR8S8B25F-17.htm

And here is a link to their older DVD+R specs:

http://www.cmcdisc.com/dvdplus.htm#specification

Strangely I can't find any info on their newer, DL specs :(

Edited by Guzeppi

Philips certifies CMC because they are in business together..... <_<

:doh:

Just kidding. But of course, they're going to certify their own discs and the guys who make them for them LOL!!

Which goes to show...

This is just for INFO purposes.

You asked who is the real manufacturer.

It's CMC Magnetics corporation (media ID is usually CMC XXX-XXX-XX) not usually considered very highly :(

CMC is certified by Philips.

Here is a link to the CMC/Philips discs:

http://www.cmcdisc.com/DR8S8B25F-17.htm

And here is a link to their older DVD+R specs:

http://www.cmcdisc.com/dvdplus.htm#specification

Strangely I can't find any info on their newer, DL specs :(

Finally, a helpful post!!! Thanks Guzeppi! No thanks at all, mmalves and blutach and dontasciime! Good grief, I learned that "you get what you pay for" when I was 6 years old! I was asking the question because I didn't know the answer, nor was there any info here whatsoever based on my "Search" effort.

So now I know, Philips is made by CMC, which sucks. Ok, I get it, tho there still seems some uncertainty about this i.e.

>Strangely I can't find any info on their newer, DL specs :(

Thanks again, Guzeppi, for helping. Hey LUK, are you paying mmalves and blutach and dontasciime to chase your customers away!!??? They're doing a good job...

Laserfan try answering the same question 1,000 times + with the correct long 3 paragraph answer when you have not got it already typed out ready to paste and see how long it is before your answer becomes short and to the point.

Now stop being a dick by responding with

Not helpful. Non-responsive. Anyone else here that actually knows anything about these?

Finally, a helpful post!!! Thanks Guzeppi! No thanks at all, mmalves and blutach and dontasciime! Good grief, I learned that "you get what you pay for" when I was 6 years old! I was asking the question because I didn't know the answer, nor was there any info here whatsoever based on my "Search" effort.

So now I know, Philips is made by CMC, which sucks. Ok, I get it, tho there still seems some uncertainty about this i.e.

>Strangely I can't find any info on their newer, DL specs :(

Thanks again, Guzeppi, for helping. Hey LUK, are you paying mmalves and blutach and dontasciime to chase your customers away!!??? They're doing a good job...

I did thank you in advance but if you care that much buy some and tell us how you get on. We had to do that at our cost, so as to save you the time and expense.

You have already been told for dual layer consistent burning there is only 1 choice - Verbatim, which you say you knew already.

So you like to argue or to try and cause them ? find somewhere else that will oblige but did you pay for the 5 minute argument or the half hour one ?

And BTW just so you know it's not us it's you. Plus no one is selling anything.

You also seemed happy enough with the advice given by Mmalves + Blutach etc last time when you asked a more sensible question http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?act=Sea...ult_type=topics

but did you pay for the 5 minute argument or the half hour one ?
that rang a bell :unsure:

A: Oh, I'm sorry, just one moment. Is this a five minute argument or the full half hour?

M: Oh, just the five minutes.

A: Ah, thank you. Anyway, I did.

M: You most certainly did not.

A: Look, let's get this thing clear; I quite definitely told you.

M: No you did not.

A: Yes I did.

M: No you didn't.

M: You didn't.

A: Did.

M: Oh look, this isn't an argument.

A: Yes it is.

M: No it isn't. It's just contradiction.

A: No it isn't.

M: It is!

A: It is not.

M: Look, you just contradicted me.

A: I did not.

M: Oh you did!!

A: No, no, no.

M: You did just then.

A: Nonsense!

M: Oh, this is futile!

M: I came here for a good argument.

A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.

M: An argument isn't just contradiction.

A: It can be.

M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.

A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.

M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'

A: Yes it is!

M: No it isn't!

A: Yes it is!

M: Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.

(short pause)

M: It is.

A: Not at all.

M: Now look.

A: (Rings bell) Good Morning.

M: What?

A: That's it. Good morning.

M: I was just getting interested.

A: Sorry, the five minutes is up.

M: That was never five minutes!

A: I'm afraid it was.

M: It wasn't.

Pause

A: I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue anymore.

Very good donta, from MP, of course.

Also, for my money after the boss, mmalves, blutach & donta are the best there is... :thumbup:

Yeah, just another guy, looking for a fight. Who wants a practical answer that works when he can fight? This is the Internet, after all!

Another idiot visits us (and hopefully departs on the next train).

Regards

Yeah, just another guy, looking for a fight. Who wants a practical answer that works when he can fight? This is the Internet, after all!

Regards

i don't come here often anymore mainly because of your constant negativity and ridicule of other members, and when i do come all i see is your constant attempt to humiliate others to make yourself look more important, maybe you need to take a chill pill and take some time off from forums if all you do is call people names and insult them especially when most come here in the support forum to ask genuine questions and just get a mouth full of verbal diarrhea from you

it's a support forum can't you just answer questions and be polite , it's not hard, well not for most normal people anyway

and to save you the trouble of a negative reply, which i know you can't resist, don't because i won't grace you with a reply

Edited by Jill

Regards

Usually when someone asks a question, they want information that can back your opinion up. Saying 'you get what you pay for' is rubbish, it's not true, as there is such things as "bargains". Instead of saying that, and then moaning when he asks for a proper answer, ie information from someone who has used the discs (such as a burn log) or personal reviews.

Maybe if you, or he, instead of bitchin and moaning, even half bothered to look at all the work that was put in in the media forum (that's the one that says we waste our money so you don't have to waste yours) you'd know why we answer why we do.

Now, you idiot, you gets what you pays for.

Regards

Maybe if you, or he, instead of bitchin and moaning, even half bothered to look at all the work that was put in in the media forum (that's the one that says we waste our money so you don't have to waste yours) you'd know why we answer why we do.

Now, you idiot, you gets what you pays for.

Regards

Lol, hang on.. So you say 'you get what you pay for' but what if someone joins here and asks the same question, would it be better to say 'you get what you pay for' or send them off to the media section lol..

Also, calling me an idiot = wow, I'm sorry thats i'm not as smart as you but at least I'm not the one with 5k posts on a forum lol, and I will never get that on one. Get outside, mate.

Edited by Hey Lol

at least I'm not the one with 5k posts on a forum lol, and I will never get that on one

Maybe you won't, but then you won't have to keep telling the same thing to people day in and day out because they are just too damned lazy to use the search function, read the guides, read the faq's, look at the media/drives section and maybe just look around the board for a solution to their problem. <_<

Usually when someone asks a question, they want information that can back your opinion up. Saying 'you get what you pay for' is rubbish, it's not true, as there is such things as "bargains". Instead of saying that, and then moaning when he asks for a proper answer, ie information from someone who has used the discs (such as a burn log) or personal reviews.

"You get what you pay for" is absolutely true. If you want to debate the merits of shit media, there are plenty of forums available to do just that. There's a good reason why we use the media that we use. I'd love to say that we get paid to use it but we don't. Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden are the only *consistently* good media that you can buy. For what it's worth, we've been doing this for a long time. We know what's good and what isn't. You can either take our word for it or deal with the consequences when using crap. It's that simple.

When someone comes in and says something like "I know you all worship Verbatim" One could conclude that they already got their answer. You see, the interwebz has this really cool feature called search engines and honestly I haven't had any trouble finding an answer to any particular question since the early 90's (no snide comments about my age). I think "you get what you pay for" was a pretty adequate answer.

Quote from the boss in this very important thread!

You get what you pay for in this world and whilst Verbatims might cost you a couple of quid more to start with, you'll be saving in the long run because you won't end up with a stack of coasters!

Now, surely that puts an end to these idiots whjo are just here to pick a fight instead of picking our brains (which advice we give freely).

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.